All reviews an outdoor swimming pool duplex room train station cleaned daily minute walk lovely hotel great shower walking distance to the beach comfortable beds cannes film festival would highly recommend this hotel croissants the main shopping street croisette motorway privacy balconies
Reviewed 28 July 2016

If you think that this hotel is all renovated and modern on the inside, then you would be mistaken. Only about 30% of the rooms in this hotel look like the modern photos on their web-site and the booking web-sites; the rest of the rooms are still a dated traditional style- so do not book based on the photos! In my first room, the bathroom was very dated and dark (including a green porcelain toilet suite), with only lights above the vanity sink, so you showered in the dark; the the shower itself was a hand held model only, so you couldn't even stand under it. This was very different to the modern white bathrooms shown on the web-site. After complaining to reception and showing them the photos on their web-site I was re-located to one of the renovated rooms on my second night. This was a much better room, but I was left with a very bad impression. Although the second room was much newer, the bathroom was tiny; there was only about 200mm between the toilet suite and the opposite wall..even though I am only about 156cm tall, I couldn't fit in this space, and had to use the toilet sideways...

The location of this hotel isn't the best either, right opposite a train line and main road; you need to walk under a dingy tunnel to reach the main Cannes commercial area, which is not the nicest experience, especially at night.

The breakfast dining areas are cold and uninviting, although the pool and surrounds are generally nice.

I wouldn't recommend staying in is hotel during a trip to Cannes, you're much better off staying in another hotel within the town/shopping/restaurant centre, and closer to La Croisette.

Room tip: Find out what type of room you will be staying in once you book (modern or traditional), if you intend to stay in this hotel.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Sandrine L, Owner at Golden Tulip Hotel de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Madame,

I am the owner and I can tell you that all our bedrooms are all newly done.
It is mandatory for us to put all the pictures possible in our website.
In this way, it is not possible to lie.
We are sorry if you don't like our style.
Fortunatly for us , our clients like it.

I am inviting you to meet me and to visite all our bedrooms, then you will see that we have large and comfortable bedrooms, even beautiful suites with glass floors.

If you have a budget for large bedrooms in 4 stars hotel, then you will have it.
But, my reception have given a bedroom regarding your own budget whilst your last stay.

I am sorry for you when I read this fake and naughty comments.
It is only this intention to hurt our establishment.
That's not very nice.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

The hotel is charming with all different decor in the bedrooms
Ours had the bedroom upstairs with the TV on the wall and the bathroom,wardrobes table and chairs were downstairs
Very tasteful toiletries replenished every day
Fabulous pool surrounded by sun beds. chairs and tables set in a lovely garden
Stasis provide d service when required

Room tip: You can request a pool view with a balcony
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I am in Paris and staying in this hotel. It's very close to CDG airport and free shuttle up to hotel is available after every half hour. The hotel is spacious and noise less. From air port you get train to paris in 10 euro. Cheapest and fastest way to go to main city.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

I would not call it a four star hotel, a small hotel with a very ordinary breakfast,located near the railroad.if you intend to stay here do not pay for breAkfast,not worth it.Although everything here is in miniture size ,due to renovation the rooms are all clean + nicely decored , staff are friendly.Since i went on a business trip and wanted to go to exhibition the hotel had the advantage of being just about 15-minute-walk from palaise de festival.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
heware, Directeur général at Golden Tulip Hotel de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

We are sorry sir, if you don't like our buffet breakfast. It cost 18 euros per person.
For this price you have all what is possible to get :
-Fresh baked croissant and bread ( yes it is made in our oven newly baught in hotel)
-7 different type of cheeses
-3 différents type of ham and saucissons
-Yaouts (nature & with fruits)
-Fruits salades
-Fresh fruits in basket
-Biscuits and cookies ( madeleine)
-Différents baked hot cakes, home made ( salted and sugared
-10 différents jams from the best named "Alain Millat" ( the most expensive on market hotel)
-Honey from bio local suppliers
-Fresh baked eggs and hot tomatoes
-Eggs "à la coque"
-Crubles eggs with hot sausagges
-Special bread for allergies ( no gluten)

I don't know what can I offer or what can I add in this breakfast.

we used to have very good feed back on this complet breakfast.
For 18 euros, it is not expensive at all. My collegue in Cannes used to put 25 euros for less goods.

I hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you another time, to show you how nice is our breakfast.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Stayes there with colleagues a couple of weeeks ago for a business trip, rooms portrayed at website looked good, but we were given the old rooms, we tried to cancel but the hotel would not cancel, they also did not agree to upgrade us for money. It seemed they are used to clients complaints. The room smelled, bathroom was like my grandmother had when I was born, and while the room was not dirty and the bed was ok - it was a miserable sad stuffy dark and smelly room with old brown carpet - NEVER AGAIN !

Date of stay: September 2015