“Perfect in every way!”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My partner and I travel frequently. We enjoy quality food and service with a friendly subdued level of sophistication - we no longer seek a scene. The service here is top notch and the food just as good. It is a small restaurant so reservations are essential. Could not recommend more highly.

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We had made a reservation and then almost lost our table because we thought the reservation was for 7:30 and it was actually for 7:00 — she was ready to give our table to “drop ins” had we arrived one minute later. She allows 30 minutes for late-comers. At any rate, despite the mix-up, she could not have been more gracious and, as all the reviews note, spoke excellent English and explained the menu in great detail. My short review, like all the others, is that this was quite simply the best meal we have had in all of France. The lamb (my main course) was possibly the best lamb I have ever eaten in my entire life. Presentations were beautiful, ambience was simple but elegant, and the service (as already noted) was gracious and delightful. If our stay had been longer, I would have returned to Fou de Fafa on several occasions.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Everything about Fou de Fafa was delightful. The food was excellent and the personable service we received was wonderful. We were so disappointed that we couldn't get another reservation before we had to leave Avignon.

2  Thank donnamelton37
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. As one who uses TA I will tell this restaurant is one of the top in Avignon and France. Let me recommend the calamari and duck both outstanding. It is a husband and wife team that work seamlessly together. She speaks perfect English and he prepares perfect Provence. Truly a memorable evening. Warning though you do need reservations.

1  Thank dcayer
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Booked restaurant based on reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. You need to prebook to be sure of a table. Restaurant was fully booked on night of our visit. Antonia who was front of house was excellent and took a lot of time to explain the various dishes. Everything was fantastic including the wine. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Avignon