“At the shade of the Cathedrale”

La Fleche Brasserie
Ranked #193 of 748 Restaurants in Rouen
Cuisines: French
Description: Reviewed on French websites, key location in front of Rouen Cathedral.
Reviewed 29 July 2018

After tacking care of our souls we wanted to take care of our bodies. We shunned Paul which seemed to be the place for tourists and went to La Fleche which seemed to cater more to the locals. We were not disapointed. Sitting under the yellow shades was pleasant, service was good and friendly and I had a nice beef brochette with tasty fries and my wife a salmon salad. A good choice of beers make this place even more inviting.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We called in for lunch to be welcomed by Mikhael and we both had the best Boeuf kebab I have ever tasted. Good beer. Good wine and a great simple atmosphere and right by the main cathedral.
Other restaurants may look more fancy but if you want authentic well cooked food then this is the place for you.
If only there were more places like La Flesche in these highly tourist places.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Great lunch with the family in a little bistro. Very tasty food - sausage, onions and chips were lovely! Glad we took a chance on this place - so close to the cathedral, it could have been horrible and just preying on tourists but happily not.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is a busy family run brasserie. The plat du jour is good value at €8,60. I had the terrine du saison and my husband had a croque monsieur. Both good for the price. We drank an excellent bottle of Cidre from Écusson. All in all, a good place to stop for refreshments. The service was excellent and friendly despite how busy it was on a summer afternoon.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Were lucky to find a table for two on a busy Saturday that was full of English tourists. Unfortunately, after eating our starter we were made to move tables as we'd been placed on a table for 4 which was a bit awkward with our cumbersome coats. Luckily we got on well with the couple we were made to join! Enjoyed our starters of egg mayonnaise and vegetable soup. My partner went for the steak hache and I opted for the escalope Milanese. I thought this would be veal but it turned out to be chicken in a tomato sauce, not good. We didn't spot that the brasserie served omelettes and these looked very good as did the brochettes. Our chips were unfortunatly overcooked and greasy whereas our earlier neighbours' chips looked delicious. Just think it was too busy and it all became a bit chaotic. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and I think we would enjoy it here on a quieter occasion.