Lowest prices for your stay
US$239
View deal
Hotels.com
US$239
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
ExpediaUS$240
Agoda.comUS$239
Trip.com
All reviews medieval city junior suite wonderful hotel continental breakfast main gate car park elliott walls castle carcassonne terrace jacuzzi
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021

Sigh.

I love this place, have stayed here multiple times. BUT. ...

Willing to blame some of this on COVID Chaos, but thought I should share with the hopes there could be some improvement.

We booked a Junior Suite just after New Years, in part as a yearly.post Christmas treat, and also because, with two dogs in tow, we needed the space. We were prepared for pricey, given the location and quality property. ... And, in turn, we expected awesome.

Honestly, the junior suite was disappointing. Compared to the first double room we had years ago, not much bigger despite a REALLY big leap in price. One extremely small closet (big enough for a few shirts and maybe 3 pairs of shoes), a tiny table with coffee maker and glasses etc. (no room for a computer), no coffee table or other surface to place things. ... No balcony or view. ... Long story short, really teeny tiny space for what we paid. Maybe it was a "pet" space?? If so, perhaps we could have been made aware of what was available to us?

Because of COVID, we had dinner delivered to the room. I can't really blame the staff for this, but the end result was not good. First off, dinner wsa an hour late (apparently the order got lost in the shuffle), there was no table or surface to put our dinner on. We had to improvise with two stools. Dinner wsa served in jars, which was ok, but difficult to manage. There were two empty glasses on the tray, but no water. ...

All this to say, I think the staff did what they could. They were so nice and friendly, and went out of their way to deliver ice etc. but it seemed there was a lack of organization / attention from the top layer.

I love this hotel. But, at this level, I would not be inclined to return.
Here's hoping for some improvement for next time! Anyone who gets dogs HAS to be amazing! ;)

Would love to hear your thoughts!

EP

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

Everything regarding this hotel is outstanding from the check in to the check out .
We stayed in one of the junior suite not far from the pool and the jacuzzi .
Spotless, staff are very professional and kind.
The location is just what you need when in Carcassonne.
We will definitely come back

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2020

I went there with a friend from the USA who was visiting me and was reading a book/novel on Carcassonne...I also invited to join us a couple..We had two very specious room with all amenities one can immagine in a 5 stars hotel
The location was right ouside the "Citadelle" (in the evening it was enchanting with the light beaming on the citadelle) The staff was so very gracious, helpful and kind..I will go back there on my next trip to Carcassonne where I often go to visit to show that specal place to my visiting friends from abroad (it was my 7 seventh time to carcassonne) love this place...abviously.. but now even more so that we know that wonderful hotel

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank whaoun
Reviewed 21 February 2020 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 2 nights here. So many things wrong with this place. It went awry from the first minute!

- I phoned ahead to ask for restaurant bookings to be made. The lady took a long time to understand my request, despite both of us being French. Finally, she made 2 suggestions and said she would book and confirm via email. By the time we arrived, ready to take off to dinner, no confirm had been sent and a colleague said both places were actually closed for the season. No apology or even mild embarrassment for the poor service.

- room: so so tiny. E370 for a « view » but in reality the windows are very small and half way up the wall. No view unless you bend down towards the window and put your head through it. Linens are nice. So is the minuscule bathroom. The shower was so tiny I had to play Tetris: can close the bathroom door AND the shower door simultaneously. I am small (UK8) but couldnt turn around in the shower. Drainage wasnt working: ankle deep in water.

- breakfast: if you like dance music and promotional films all around the room on a loop with your baguette, go for it. Cappuccino was black coffee with hot milk. I asked for a boiled egg which never came..

- oh and they charge E10 per day per car for parking. Which we found out upon arrival. The enlightened argument for this from the enlightened staff was: « well no parking is free in the area » not the best client-centric argument..

Did I mention the extra large hairy old cushion at reception for the dogs? And the dog poo on the lawn?

Au secours!!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliceL800
Reviewed 29 December 2019

Outstanding hotel and location. Service and accommodation are terrific. Elliott, the dog, is a highlight but the view from the outside terrace is unbelievable. The Hotel du Chateau is an oasis of relaxation and is literally a few steps from the main gate of the Citi. The combination makes for a wonderful experience that will be remembered forever.

Date of stay: September 2019