3 people are viewing this hotel
ExpediaUS$281
Trip.comUS$298
Agoda.comUS$280
2,075 results
All reviews library bar beautiful hotel walled city michelin star restaurant old city car park superior room private parking stayed two nights bread ramparts walls castle carcassonne terrace barbacane france
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2020

Meet and greet at the private car park through to the hotel is very good and speedy. Checkin was efficient and helpful.
The room - 302 - was spacious enough for a couple with a good size bathroom and separate W.C. There is a useful fridge in the room, along with tea and coffee making facilities. There’s ample wardrobe space with hangers, and a secure safe. The bathroom had a really good shower over the bath and a nice selection of toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. The only downside to the room was there was no balcony to sit out on. The view however from the room was fantastic, overlooking Carcassonne.
Breakfast was average - food is left uncovered so does get flies on it. The hot buffet took a long time to be replenished when low. Receiving pastries and bread on the table was not consistent unless you asked for them. The service overall was not good - very slow and they seemed very rushed.
The library bar also was poor service - no one serves you unless you call them over or wait at the bar. The drinks menu being online is also not helpful when you don’t have a smartphone.
The pool area is clean and tidy but sun beds availability is limited. There is a bar by the pool too but again service is not proactive - you have to find a member of staff to ask them for a drink or snack.
Finally we did try the lunchtime menu in the Michelin star restaurant - fortunately it is very low priced otherwise we would not of been happy. The food lacked flavour, the shrimps had not been deveined, the main course fish was very undercooked. Compared to some of the local small restaurants it was poor. Food and drinks in most of the nearby restaurants are cheaper and much better quality.
Checkout from the hotel was quick and efficient however we then waited 20 minutes for our luggage to arrive at the private car park.
In summary we wouldn’t return to this hotel but would return to the local and surrounding area.

Room tip: Second floor some rooms have private terraces, room 302 has a fabulous panoramic view of Carcassonne
1  Thank K_T
Emile Viciana, Directeur général at Hotel de la Cite Carcassonne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Dear K_T,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us.
I regret that you were not satisfied with our service. I have already addressed your comments with our management Team and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that was caused.
We still hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back at the hotel de la cite in order to make up for your recent inconvenient stay.
Kind regards

Director of rooms

Reviewed 16 August 2020

The situation is magnificent but rather a long walk from the free car park.We felt that the hotel is somewhat "faded glory" as our room was nothing special considering the price.We have stayed in much better for much less.
The most attractive part of the hotel is the garden.The staff were "correct" but not particularly helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: July 2020
Emile Viciana, Directeur général at Hotel de la Cite Carcassonne - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2020

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Directeur Hébergement

Reviewed 14 August 2020

This was a major problem about large sums of money

When we arrived, I was asked to sign 900€ away on my card - I assume that they thought I would run off without paying. I pointed out that I had paid in full for room and breakfast for our two nights, and that I was unlikely to run up 900€ for food and drink. I refused to sign, and with very bad grace the receptionist reduced it to 200€

When I checked out they wanted to charge me 400€ for all sorts of things that either we had never had, or were included in our room rate. It took reception FOUR bills to get the correct charge down to about 100€

The inept receptionists did not apologize, but each time I pointed out errors , just printed out another bill

We also had problems with service on the Terrace - where I ordered tapas and a bottle of wine - the waiter forgot the tapas.

There is little point in the manager who replies to reviews here saying that such problems will be discussed with the "team". Such basic errors on billing are beyond redemption !

The hotel management should realise that overcharging is about the worst sin a hotel can commit. I do not think that I would stay there again

2  Thank moraira

Dear Mister Moraira,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us.
Kind regards

Emile Viciana

Reviewed 9 August 2020

Magnificent hotel ! .. full of charm and character and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. We throughly enjoyed our stay here and the staff were exceptionally nice to us. If you require the restaurant , you need to book in advance , we were lucky and got a cancellation and the food may have the best I have ever had ! ...

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank J5883SNmikew

Cher Monsieur,

What an heartfelt comment ! It is a real pleasure to read that your stay at l'hotel de la cite was perfect. Your comment is truly the best reward for our team who is devoted to make your stay Memorable.

We will make sure to congratulate them.

We do look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Regards,