Hotel Declic
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$1,300
US$1,178
Expedia
  • Pool
All reviewslamarck metro stationfun hotelwalk in showerminute walkhelpful with directionsnight stayfour star hotelmoulin rougebeautiful roomthe air conditioninglarge bathroomsacre coeurstayed for nightsamazing hotelaround the cornercroissantsquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We loved this hotel. It's small, modern and the staff are friendly, helpful and English speaking. The rooms were funky and very modern. Breakfast was more than adequate. The hotel is in a safe area and close to the metro. Lots of nice little bars and cafes/restaurants nearby and the Sacre Coeur is within walking distance. We would definitely stay here when in Paris again

Stayed: July 2017
Cécile C, Responsable réception at Hotel Declic, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Mozmoz850,

We would like to thank you for your comment. We are very glad to see that your stay was very pleasant here. You are very welcome again.
We wish you a very good day.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Given the amount of praise and admiration this hotel likes to dwell in, it's really not all that... our room was so small, we couldn't even fit our suitcase in, we had to keep it closed and behind the door!
The 'starry ceiling' didn't even exist in our room, 4 out of 7 of the fancy lights didn't work and the breakfast room is in the cellar with no natural light with cheap plastic furniture and no atmosphere at all...

On the plus side, it's nicely located near a metro station, with a couple of nice restaurants and bars nearby. The bed was nice and big (too big for the room actually) and comfortable!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Cécile C, Responsable réception at Hotel Declic, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Aaron,

I am glad that you have appreciated the location and the comfortable bed.
I am sorry to read that our StarGazer room was not on the level. These rooms are very cosy and romantic, plenty of lights on the floor and on the celling.
Be sure we will take notice of all your comment to improve this.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My partner and I had been looking forward to this hotel stay for many months due to its stylish, techy features.

Upon booking on booking.com, we saw the same deal for £50 cheaper and breakfast included on expedia. I emailed the hotel to express the disappointment and Francine emailed back and told us she would include breakfast free of charge for our stay.

We booked a suite and requested the photo studio suite. This has a Nikon camera and lighting kit in it to play with and a massive TV on the wall which projects the photo you have just taken instantly. (cool right?!)

Upon arrival, we walked into an extremely small reception area with a lady behind the desk. She told us she needed to take £250 off of our card as a security deposit (not in the fine print but ok) and 4 days after our arrival home, this is not back on our credit card.

We gave our passports over and she proceeded to check us in. She mentioned that breakfast was not included to which I explained the email conversation I had with Francine. She asked to see this on my phone to where she spent 5 mins looking at it and then said she would need to check the conversation on her computer. I found this insulting and she made it obvious she thought we were lying. In the end sheunhappily said she would include breakfast this time.

When we went up to our room we found it to be beautiful and huge. The carpets were plush, the lighting was amazing and the bathroom lovely. First thing I did was go over to the camera on the tripod and play around with it to find it wouldn’t switch on (maybe they forgot to charge it) so I phoned down to reception for her to say ‘this camera and TV screen is display only it is fake and only for decoration.’ I then explained that that isn’t what the website advertised and I had booked this room especially for the camera to which she told me it was broken and all the other suites with techy ad ons are broken and if we wanted to move rooms we could move to the red suite (the worst suite they have on offer) on Sunday (our last night). At this point I was fuming and had thrown all of my toys out of the pram and hated the room. Once I calmed down I realised it would be easier to stay in the room we had despite half of it broken. (one of the lights had wires sticking out of it and flickered). The guide in the room also stated that if the Bluetooth speaker went missing they would charge you 150 euro’s. We didn’t actually have one of these so requested one so they didn’t charge us extra.

Breakfast was okay. I am glad it was free as I wouldn’t have wanted to pay 14 euro per person per day for it. We were the only people in the breakfast room every morning of our stay. In fact, we didn’t see one other guest in the hotel which I found bizarre. We were the only guests there and they couldn’t offer us a better suite to switch to insisting they were all ‘fully booked.’

The location was beautiful, it isn’t as ‘out the way’ as I thought as the tube is a 4 minute walk and a couple of changes and you are right by the Eiffel tower! There are loads of pretty shops near the hotel and a convenience store but be aware, NOTHING is open on a Sunday at all.

Upon check out we were questioned by another member of staff about breakfast and they tried to charge us. The hand over from shift to shift must be nonexistent as she had no idea about the free breakfast/problems with the suite.

All in all, the suite was lovely minus the things that were broken, the staff were rude and unhelpful, the breakfast was basic and only worth it if its free, the location is perfect and the huge deposit they take off of your card and don’t put on for days is terrible. This hotel was not worth the £550 we paid for 3 nights whatsoever and we were not given what we paid for in the suite. For us to be the only guests over a weekend explains the hotels reputation a lot so don’t stay there and spend your money somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca F

Dear Rebecca,

First of all we would like to thank you to sharing this comment with us, all comments are very important for us to improve our service and quality.
After checking your reservation you have booked for 3 nights in a Generique Suite and you ask for a Studio Photo Suite with a round bed which was available upon hotel's availibility. It was your wish. You are very right, the Camera and the TV (work together) in the room is not working at the moment and we work on it with the technical service. I am really sorry about your disappointment.
About the breakfast it was arranged with a receptionnist and yes, the other receptionnist did not have the information so she was trying to find a solution for you to prove the free breakfast. The american breakfast buffet has been free of charge for you at the end.
The red Suite is the Paparrazi Suite and it is a very beautiful Suite, the color could be very surprising sometimes.We were fully booked at this time (beginning of September) so we had just this Paparazzi Suite available.
I am really sorry again for your disappointement Rebecca, I have your phone number, I will contact you very soon to suggest you something for your next stay in Paris.
We are at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Great neighborhood with lots of cool shops & restaurants. The rooms are much smaller than the pictures so be sure to upgrade if you can. We upgraded to the deluxe double room and it is not nearly large enough for two people. We had trouble finding space for our bags and room to get around. Even though we had a room at the end of the hall it was still kind of noisy at night. Very boutiquey hotel. The night staff that they had there was new and not very well trained because they didn't know where anything was. I asked for and a clothes iron and he could not find it nor did he even know that there was an iron available. Same story with coffee cups. There is a single serve expression machine available in the lobby but they don't keep it well-stocked. You pay extra for breakfast but the breakfast room is very small so it's a better idea to go out for breakfast. At check in When we asked for a room initially with a nice view, they set up us in the room with facing an alleyway and directly above a patio where they were smokers so we couldn't even open our window to our room at night. The room was hot at times and we couldn't seem to control the temperature even though there was a central air control on the wall. Overall the hotel seemed pretty clean but I was not impressed by the customer service. Staff does not go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They check you in and forget about you

Stayed: August 2017
Cécile C, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Declic, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Shelly,

I would like to thank you about your comments. It is always positive for us.
First of all, I am very sorry to read your disappointement. Our Deluxe room is very cosy and "unique", it is not the biggest one in the Hotel, but the most specific :)
I will check with the team what happened at night time.
We want to let you a good souvenir from Declic, please could you call +33 1 46 06 17 66 and we will find a solution for you to keep a good memory for your stay in Paris.
I stay at your entire disposal for any further information.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Spent 3 nights here in June, and was so pleased with the hotel. Checking in was quick and easy, staff were also very friendly. Rooms were on the smaller side but had everything you needed. If you like modern and artistic style, you will love this hotel. Location is also great, we spent our evenings walking round the area and found small local restaurants to eat at. There is also a supermarket around the corner which was only a two minute walk. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple