Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette
Hotel Joke - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monge(Paris)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,218 results
All reviewsriquet metro stationnice view of the canalsofa bedhotel is locatedlively areafree breakfastcomfortable roomscroissantsthoroughly enjoyed our staymin walkspoke englishbaguetteeiffel towerstalingradhieneighborhoodfrench
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not so far from the city center, near to the metro (around 5 minutes by foot) in a quite and nice place. On the weekend there are a lot of young people enjoying the canal with small boats. Nice and professional staff clean and spacious rooms and a very good breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at the holliday inn canal de la villette from May 17 till 20.
It was a great dissapointment.
The front desk staff was not professional, to say the least, and far from being kind.
I found a sticker on my blanket cover the first morning after I had slept in bed. I asked the front desk person to change the sheets and was answered that the house keeping is closed. Only after I raised my voice and made it clear that the sticker was stuck to the blanket in the first place were they willing to change the sheets.

One of the one of the 2 elevitors didn't work from the moment we came (and probably before that) unitl the moment we left. When my friend came back to the hotel one afternoon after a long day of walking and with a back pain she found out that the other elivator was broken as well and had to go up 5 stories by foot.
When I asked to move nearer to my friend, one day after we came, noticing the next room was cleaned, it took the front desk no less than 15 minutes to even find my name in the list and much more time to find out if the room was free. Nedles to say I gave it up. They also said they had a rough night, seeing my puzzled look. I do not need to know that, and it isn't my bussiness.
The surrounding neighborhood is very nice and you can walk down the avenue along the canal which is full of young people. The atmosphere there is really nice and pleasant and not only in weekends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hilla19
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Situated on a short stroll from metro and within a bunch of eateries places. Ask for river view. Very friendly and helpful reception though some had very serious faces. Room was nice and clean . Good shower . Like most hotel it lacks a mini fridge. Breakfast was a good option.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Room 203 during our stay a corner room with a view down the canal with the afternoon sun reflecting off the water and ripples projected on our rooms ceiling. Life goes by outside the window with rental boats and people all up and down the canal often late into the night but sound proofing in room was good so no disturbance. Paris is a subway ride away on line 7 about 30 minutes total to the Louvre. Free breakfast was crowded but staff worked really hard to assure food was constantly fresh and replenished. Seating of people seems a bit haphazard but a little patience will see you thru. Staff were helpful in providing power adaptors and travel advice. All in all a very good stay

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Me and my brother we tried to be careful in choose an hotel to take our parents to their first trip to Paris. We stayed 3 nights in the hotel with no issues, then we took a train to London and returned on the next night to the same hotel. Not long after everybody was ready to sleep - around midnight - , a mouse showed up in our parents room, walking all over the place. My parents went to the other room meanwhile I talked to the front desk. I was told that the hotel was full and they could move us only on the next day. Meanwhile I waited for the staff, I went back to the room and look for the mouse that could no longer be found. Checking in the back of the desk, there was a huge hole where definitely he went through. The solution for the moment was to close the hole with a pillow. On the next day we got a bigger room with a balcony access. Anyway, I could not recommend to anyone an hotel where you find a mouse in the room. I wouldn't expect this chain to have this kind of problem, it shows they do not do their job in make sure the rooms are clean and free of pests.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Mauricio T
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Paris-Canal de la Villette, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Mauricio T,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. Our goal is to ensure that each guest stay is an excellent one and can see that we have fallen short of our goal.

While we are delighted to hear that our staff were able to move you to a bigger room the next day, it was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the issue with the mouse in your parents' room. We hope you treat this as an isolated incident and give us a second chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Connie D