“Standout in 3 star group”
Review of Ledoyen

Ledoyen
Reserve with
Ledoyen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #611 of 19,283 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Description: Since July 1st, 2014, Yannick Alleno has taken over the culinary direction of the Pavillon Ledoyen, the iconic 3 star Michelin restaurant in the heart of Paris, on the Champs-Elysees. Continuing the legacy of his famed predecessors and a tradition that has continued for generations, Yannick Alleno is managing this historic building and direct the staff of the 45-seat restaurant with his creativity, passion and pursuit of culinary excellence. Offering an exceptional dining experience, guests are invited to choose one key ingredient - vegetable, meat or fish - for their main dish. Guided by this choice, Chef Alleno then constructs the entire meal around the core dish, including the starter and dessert. For example, the poularde topped with seeds poached with Jura wine stock and panais extract will be best served with the duck foie gras poached with Rivesaltes wine and pear in a sugar crust as a starter, or the crab meat in squid leaf to end the orange bead cinnamon foam for dessert. Passionate about French cuisine, Yannick Alleno has pioneered new research on modern sauces and introduces these new techniques into each dish.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There is very little to say after one says that this is one of the finest three star Michelin restaurants in Paris. The ambiance, service and food are outstanding. Indeed, one should expect and one will receive one of meals of a lifetime at this establishment. Bravo!

GroupeYAlleno, Responsable relations clients at Ledoyen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ugyved,
Thank you so much for having taken the time to write such a nice feedback. It means a lot to us, because we are doing our best every day to provide our clients a unique gastronomic experience. Therefore, we are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to thank you again for your kind recommendation. Also, as it was a true pleasure to welcome you and to share this moment with you, we strongly hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

one of the highest rated 3 stars in Paris. perfection in every sense from cuisine to wine to ambience.

Dear Parksloper511,

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Surprisingly poor service and over-priced, especially wine pairing. Not 3 star Michelin quality. We had a much better experience two nights earlier at a 1-Star Michelin.

If you go, do it a la carte and for wine buy bottles. You will be much happier. Degustation tasting menu was uninspired and boring, and the wine pairing was the worst I’ve ever had, anywhere - no connection to the food and zero effort. I think they just got a discount on most of the wine or something. Then they threw in a couple really nice dessert wines in tiny glasses to avoid total embarrassment.

Not even close to the level of Le Cinq or other 3 star Michelin restaurants we have tried. The Chef was very nice and said hello and helped prepare one course at the table which was the one high point for the night. The rest was just disappointing and frustrating at times.

We decided to splurge for the top-shelf experience by getting the degustation tasting menu with wine pairing. Tasting price was as you might expect for a 3-star Michelin. That's fine. Wine pairing was most expensive I've seen: $350/head! But what the heck - service and quality would be perfect at that price, right? That's the whole point. That's the deal. Nope. Not even close.

To be more specific, here is just a sampling of issues from the dinner:

- Poor service.
Amateur night. You’d expect professionals. These folks were just out of college or seemed to be clueless novices. I should know because I was once a server and could have done better.

We had empty wine and/or water glasses for the majority of the 3 hours we were there. That's right: more than 50% of our time at the table we had not water or wine. Nothing. The servers were seemingly everywhere yet oblivious and seemed to be just loitering. I offer better service than this when I have people over for a barbecue, much less a fine dinner. Really poor showing. The young woman in charge of pouring both was incompetent and seemed reluctant to do her job - smacked of the arrogant manner we joke about typifying Parisian cafes in the Summer months, but this wasn't just some cafe - it was a $1800 dinner at a supposed 3-Star Michelin restaurant! Embarrassing, really.

- Poor communication
Lackluster - even reluctant - information on what we were eating or drinking. We had to ask several times for them to tell us. The young wine server even poured a glass without speaking a word and walked away. We had to ask her what she had just given us!

- Poor value
I understand that a 3-Star tasting can be $350 a head. I get it. But when the wine pairing is just as expensive, one does not expect to be thirsty and underwhelmed for most of the meal. It's really that simple. You charge me for excellence and I expect you to deliver. Ledoyen failed miserably here. Horrible. “Rip off” is not a term I would expect to first think of for a 3 Star Michelin experience in Paris! The wines were ok but none had the "wow this is exceptional with this food" reaction. They were just going through the motions - or not. Except for the dessert wines: nice Chateau D'Yquem and a really old Armagnac. Too little and too late if you ask me. And that was the theme of the night.

I will stop there. Go to another 3 Star if you want a great experience and don't want to feel ripped off. Very sad to say that.

1  Thank Kaset
GroupeYAlleno, Responsable relations clients at Ledoyen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Kaset,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this comment, we have shared your feedback with our team to be sure to take advantage of it and make improvement. We are very sorry to read about your disappointment as we work really hard every day to satisfy our clients overall, even in fully operating times. We really hope to welcoming you again and share a moment that would be different and exceptional.
We would like to call you with the aim of exchange. Don’t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We booked a table well in advanced for a birthday celebration of a lifetime. From the moment we arrived we were in awe of the gorgeous decor and building. We decided we would not hold back and indulged in the champagne cart, pre fixe and wine pairing - and it was outstanding. Hands down the best meal I have ever had in my life, and likely unbeatable in the future.

GroupeYAlleno, Responsable relations clients at Ledoyen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Kate M,

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

It was my first time at 3 Michelin star restaurant. Lucky me, I was welcome by the head chef of Ledoyen and he showed us the whole kitchen. I tried many orders of appetizer and all of them was fantastic! I love it every bite! But for the main course which i ordered was chicken just so so.
I promise myself to come back and eat this caviar tart for sure!!!!

GroupeYAlleno, Responsable relations clients at Ledoyen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Madam,
It’s such an honor for us to have shared your first 3 starred experience with you ! Your comment makes us all very happy. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and we would like to thank you so much for your recommendation, which represents a lot to us! Strongly hoping to see you again soon,
Simon de Peskine, Restaurant Manager