“One perfect evening”
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 18,858 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$150 - US$500
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Élysées
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Our anniversary dinner. Absolutely perfect service from everyone from our arrival to our departure.

Champagne from the most gorgeous selection, assisted by a delightful young man who also generously took time to match red wine to our dinner choices.

....and to dinner.....where to begin praise? With the sublime entrees or the main courses, presented with flair and which we both enjoyed....to delicious little morsels between courses......to the scrumptious petit fours with coffee.......or the take home little boxes of the most delicious fudge........

All this served by polished, professional and always smilingly attentive waitstaff, with the addition of the delightful Franck taking our photograph at the table and presenting it to us in a little envelope prior to our departure.

A truly memorable evening in every possible way. Thank you to Le Cinq.

1  Thank Tuppy1Brisbane
Write a ReviewReviews (2,007)

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Don't go here on a budget. Go here to experience 3 Michelin star dining in all its glory!

The staff are superb. The food is divine. The wine is phenomenal. The restaurant is immaculate. The bill is terrifying.

It's worth visiting for the French onion soup balls alone.

5  Thank Alex R
Reviewed 22 September 2016

How can I start my review? Easy, by stating my final comment right in the beginning: The Le Cinq is so far the only 3-star restaurant that I visited twice in a week. We had lunch on tuesday and HAD to be back with foodnerd friends of us on saturday. Their level of quality and attention on each and every aspect of fine dining goes beyond all comparable experiences, that I have gathered over the years and continents. This extra amount of ambition can be detected at any moment. Kitchen performance and service where in perfect harmony, best discribed as a steady flow of remarkable pleasures. When I jokingly asked the waiter, why the blue lobster looks rather red to my eyes, I received a superbly presented lesson on the biochemical processes that take place, when crayfish gets heated, including naming the chemical substances. Needless to say, that we where more than impressed. But thats, what sets the top crop of 3-star restaurants apart from the rest of the herd world wide. By the way, the four bottles of wine, each under 100 euro, where an excellent value, much more than
anticipated. Thanks a million - you are a champion team!

1  Thank Dr Jurgen L
Reviewed 22 September 2016

We visited Le Cinq last July and celebrated a birthday there. At the time, Le Cinq had a "mere" 2 Michelin stars, but the chef from Ledoyen had been hired a few months prior, and he is known to be one of the finest chefs in the city. Since that time, Le Cinq has regained its third star, so we were certainly beneficiaries of the work that the staff put in to make that happen.

We had the four-course lunch. A jacket is required for men - I think they have some spares there but I brought my own. It's the epitome of old-school glamorous dining, with floral arrangements that must have cost into the thousands, lots of gilded surfaces, and a dignified atmosphere without feeling intimidating. Two notes - the place is so old-school that the woman's menu does not have prices on it. Also, do note that when they offer you the champagne after you sit down, this is not a part of the prix fixe - I wasn't too bothered by it since it is certainly the best pink champagne I've ever had but at something like 40 Euros a glass, you are paying for the privilege!

The meal was of course extraordinary. Of the starters, the one that I can still vividly remember is the "onion", made of a puree and a slightly gelatinous exterior - it looks for all intents and purposes like a pearl onion but when you pop it in your mouth it explodes with an intense roasted onion flavor It was one of the most unique things that I've tasted. The bread is spectacular of course, and the butter from Brittany is a wonderful complement that apparently reflects the chef's youthful home. Our waiter was a consummate professional, very pleasant and even occasionally funny, but never overly familiar or intrusive. We enjoyed talking with him and he let his guard down ever so slightly when talking about the intense regimen it takes to become a waiter there.

What more to say - other more recent reviews can discuss the most recent food offerings, but ours was delicious, the flavors were pure and intense, the desserts were plentiful, and we left well and truly stuffed. It's not only the best lunch I've had, but certainly the priciest that I've ever paid for - it came to around 500 Euros or so, but if you're going out for a once in a very rare time outing, it's worth trying for the full experience. It was a blissful three or so hours!

The only negative was observing the relative ennui of some other diners, including a youthful couple more interested in their smartphones than each other's company, and some clearly wealthy older folks for whom this place was old hat. Maybe we looked out of place with our wonder and enthusiasm, but I feel no shame. It is a marvelous thing to do and we thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the highlights of our entire European vacation. Highly recommended.

2  Thank sakielnorn
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Grand lobby with magnificent flower arrangements leads you to an even more regal restaurant. Staff makes you feel like royalty. We had the epicurean 9 course meal. I could write a book on each course. Each course was superb bursting with mind blowing flavours and cooking skills. One can feel the passion and the hard work in each dish. Breads were excellent. Service does justice to the food. We will remember our dinner for a long time. Thanks to the great chef and staff. We will be back.

1  Thank Rekha L