“Wonderful Vegan Dining”

Ranked #1,925 of 19,262 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$23 - US$77
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Gentle Gourmet is the world renowned Founding Home of Vegan Gastronomy in Paris, established in 2009. We specialize in a generous and gourmet high-end cuisine, fresh, mostly organic and always innovative, with the objective of breaking down the stereotypes on vegan food. During the week, our establishment hosts the Gentle Gourmet Culinary Institute; on Friday evening we offer a constantly changing set themed menu and on Saturday and Sundays a day-long a la carte brunch and tea salon menu. Our ambition is to foster worldwide, a fundamental social change through which eating becomes an ethical act, symbol of refinement, solidarity and empathy.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I can’t speak highly enough of this lovely vegan restaurant. My wife and I enjoyed the tasting plates over a most pleasant evening. All the food was delicately prepared and the presentation was spectacular. The colours were amazing and the food both delicious and filling. It seems many places think if you are a vegan you want either lentils or fast food. Not here; they got it exactly right ( though they do offer a burger if you’re interested).

Hard to pick a favourite though the cheeses were amazing. Whilst it’s probably not the cheapest place in town €200 covered our feast and wine. Do yourself a favour and visit. The staff are lovely too.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A a thirty year vegan I was looking forward to trying the food here. All three in our party thought the food was poor on taste, balance and over priced. The cheese starters were exceptional however it was mains that let us down. Presentation seems to be everything and the tartare dish was a mystery so much of a strange mixture that was meant to be tempeh +. Awful ribboned veg totally tasteless also. I left most of that dish and the waiter didn't even ask how my food was on collecting full plate! We didn't have dessert We wont be going back but may be some peoples cup of tea. Thought le Potager in Marais was amazing.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Tasty food, good choices of food and very well presented. Only downsides is that they rush you into eating fast, whereas a vegan restaurant in my hometown is much like ‘the table is yours the whole night’. This prevented us from being able to take the 7-course menu and it wasn’t even busy, at all. Otherwise, must go for vegans.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on sunday 3rd juin 2018. The burger plate was too much food on the plate whereas another one that we ordered was not enough food. The desserts were also a big quantity, which is not what you expect of a chic and gourmet restaurant.
Ps: we sat inside and we could see that the inside windows were not clean at all.. how this could be possible ?
I felt there was a lack of coherence in everything.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We visited this restsurant on29/5/18 We were pleased yo find a vegan restaurant to eat at for my father's 70th birthday. Though it was a little pricey it was a special occasion. I have to say the food was okay nothing fantastic but what disappointed us more than anything was the customer service which was poor to say the least.we were given a table next to the kitchen as we were eating our starters a waitress came out with someone's main course and managed to drop it on the floor next to us which resulted in my sister wearing it on her face and on her hair!! Now accidents do happen the waitress was clearly embarrassed and apologetic .Our problem lay in the response to this incident there was no attempt to rectify the problem no mention of a discount on my sister's meal .Another waitress came over and offered her a clean serviette! When the bill arrived there was no acknowledgement of the incident .Though we paid the bill we felt disappointed so I approached a member of staff on departure to discuss the issue .I told her I felt some kind of discount was in order but was told this is not posdible once payment has been made .She did offer a free meal if we were staying in Paris but we were only there for a couple of days as I'm sure most of their customers are ,we weren't keen on repeating the experience either . I Feel the customer service in this 'gourmet'restaurant is lacking !! A disappointment.