“Incredible Afghan experience!”

Buzkashi
Ranked #92 of 19,120 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Only steps away from Place Clichy in Paris, is a pleasant family restaurant, typically afghan.Vous will be received warmly authentic decor and taste the specialties Afghanistan. You can choose to enjoy comfortably seated at a table or in a platform, sitting on cushions surrounded by Afghan carpets, an invitation to travel .... Of typical dishes of steamed rice (tchalow), to skewers of meat (kabob) and spices,Ashak (small dumplings with leeks with his meat with yogurt, Kaboli(lamb, brown rice with dried fruits and vegetables) and many other dishes to discover.
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here because we have heard a lot about Afghan food but never tried it.

We had the dumplings & the pumpkin starter. And the lamb main & the egg main + a kind of Afghan creme brûlée sort of dessert.

Everything was literally incredible. The flavors were completely new to me and the pumpkin starter was just insane... sooo good. The dumplings were great as well but tasted quite similar to Eastern European or Uzbek dumplings.

Both the mains were incredible..... the lamb was so tender and flavorful and it was mixed with perfectly balanced salad and rice.

The egg dish was like nothing I’ve tasted before and I will definitely be searching out Afghan restaurants in the future to try more stuff like it.

Service was super friendly and the waiter gave us two complimentary teas.

If you are in Paris and you want to try something a bit different to French cuisine but still cooked to the highest quality then I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Jamie S

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this gem and I’m really happy that we did! The menu is straight forward (signs of a really well thought of restaurant). The delivery and execution of food is excellent. I had the lamb shank and I have to say that it just melts in your mouth.

They care for the food, you’ll see in the attention to detail when the plate is served to you (slithers of pistachio uniformly sliced), yogurt on top of the starters slathered with care.. i love this place! Will definitely go again!

Thank you!

1  Thank purplemuse
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Very tasty and fresh Afghani dishes.

Honestly and without exaggeration, throughout all the countries I have visited around the world, this restaurant has stolen my heart for the quality of their dishes.

The staff are very friendly, respectful and welcoming. Prices are very affordable.

If you wish to go you must make a previous booking as it is always full. when I was there I counted 13 people trying to find tables but could not make it..

I wish that they expand the area to host more visitors and not to deprive me from eating there because there is no room for us..

Reviewed 16 April 2018

I was really wandering why I could never get a table in this restaurant...Every time I was calling -well I admit...not much in advance- it was fully packed. Anyhow, now I know. It is just the place you want to have at walking distance of your house. It s unpretentious, comfy and the food is simple, yet wonderfully fresh. I had never had Afghani food prior to this but I liked the concept of having just 1 big plate with lots of little portions in it. it s a great way for a taster plus portions are very generous. Last, being a flexitarian, I really enjoyed seeing lots of veggies on the menu: from eggplants to lentils to potatoes. The service was excellent & friendly. I would not come here if I were living far but if you re a local, that s definitely worth giving it a try!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and I travel to Paris every July for most of the month. We have eaten everywhere from the most expensive Michelin restaurants to the least expensive sidewalk cafes. WIthout a doubt Buzkashi is the best meal we have had in Paris in years, maybe ever! The ambience is delightful, the service is impeccable, the prices are very reasonable and the menu choices are all very interesting making it extremely hard to choose. But when our meal arrived the presentation was beautiful and the food was marvelous, incredible, beyond adequate description, it made me want to order everything on the menu. If all of this is not enough the restaurant is managed by Omaira who is charming, warm and very attentive. When I told her how much we loved the food she brought out the Chef from the back of the restaurant who it turns out is her mother Yassamin. And like daughter like mother, Yassamin was equally charming, with a radiant smile and it was easy to tell that she loves cooking and puts lots of love into each order. We cannot wait to go back, I dreamed about my meal all night long. No matter where you are living or staying in Paris, take a trip to 7, Rue des Dames, you won't be disappointed!!!