All reviews avenue montaigne small luxury hotel eiffel tower quiet street small suite junior suite classic french room service perfect location right bank home away from home within walking distance heart of paris the ritz dinner reservations our honeymoon front desk staff
Reviewed 20 September 2018

San Regis is our kind of hotel. An old mansion converted into a hotel. And it has balcony rooms with a view of the Eiffel Tower. How do you top that.

Service was overall excellent. There was one minor glitch that sort of stood out for us. We had the hotel arrange a driver, so they should have been anticipating our arrival (I would have thought that the driver that the hotel arranged would have advised the hotel as he was approaching). Yet when we arrived, there was no doorman to assist getting our bags inside. And when we approached to front desk, we were not greeted by name. It felt more like we were just walk-in guests who they were not expecting. I do expect a warmer welcome in a luxury hotel.

Secondly, we had ordered in advance a bottle of champagne for our room. The hotel even confirmed the order. But when we arrived there was no champagne in the room, and as a matter of fact, I had to pull out the email confirming the order.

But on to the positive, they only have three rooms with a balcony view of the Eiffel Tower. The room we received was a quite lovely two bedroom suite with a perfectly fine view. But my wife decided that perhaps another room had a better view. The manager said that she could move us the next day, but strongly suggest that we view the room before she moved us. The second room did have a slightly larger balcony and a slightly superior view. But on the other hand, it was smaller, and was a single room that I would characterize as a small junior suite. There was a clear trade-off. I considered that service exemplary. Just so you know, the wife chose the second, smaller room with the larger balcony.

The included breakfast is your standard European small breakfast buffet. Cold cuts and cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, and an assortment of breads.

Room tip: how can you beat and Eiffel view?
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank 863kerwing
ZeinaG27, Propriétaire at Hotel San Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Cher Monsieur,

Thank you very much for this excellent rating after your stay with us.

It’s a great pleasure to read you appreciated the authenticity of our Parisian décor and the professionalism of our service.
We would like to offer to all our guests an intimate and authentic experience of Paris, as well as a personalized and attentive service. I am truly sorry if we didn’t succeed in all our mission and you didn’t feel greeted the first moment you enter.
I am also very disappointed you didn’t have in your room upon arrival the bottle of Champagne you ordered.

Please accept our most sincere apologies. I am happy this has not marred your overall impression of the hotel.

We are very much looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in your Parisian home!

Most warmly,

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I always love staying in this hotel. It is a wonderful and small hotel. Everyone is super nice and the rooms are very nice. The location is great too. Everything is perfect...What more can I say?????!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your support by sharing this great review after your stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to see you appreciated the intimate atmosphere, the attentive service and the central location of our family house.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share those nice comments and for recommending the San Régis.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our Parisian mansion!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2018

To begin, the San Regis is a beautiful hotel located in a prime location. The hotel is within walking distance to the Louvre, the Orsay museum, Champs, and the Eiffel Tower. The best shopping you can ask for is a stones throw away.

On the last night of our trip, my wife and I encountered an uncomfortable situation that led me to question the integrity of this hotel. Before I continue, I am a business owner and would never shame another business but after the situation I was put in & how it was handled, I have no issues making this public.

On our last evening, my wife and I were fortunate to have dinner reservations to a well known restaurant which was set up thru the San Regis concierge. We were unable to make these reservations as my wife felt ill and decided that rather than doing a dinner she wouldn't be able to enjoy, we would just take a stroll thru the city and come back to our hotel early to begin packing before leaving for the South of France the next morning.

Upon returning to the hotel, we were awkwardly questioned by the doorman as to why we were back so early & informing us that the restaurant was trying to reach us regarding the RSVP. I found it strange that a doorman would care whether or not I upheld a dinner RSVP. We head to the elevator after a short delay and head up to our private floor where our room is located. The room we had can only be reached by taking the elevator to the 6th floor, and taking a short flight of steps to the "7th floor". There are only two suites on the 7th floor.

As the elevator door opened on the 6th floor, i'm met by the nighttime manager who seems frazzled and again mentioned that the restaurant was attempting to reach me regarding my reservation. Again, very strange. I thank him for checking on me and rather than the night manager getting into the elevator and heading back down - he escorts my wife and I to our room where we see a gentlemen waiting outside out door. As we arrive, the manager & the gentlemen walk away and I overhear the manager saying "I will have to show you another room".

We enter the room and my wife and I look at each other and question what just happened as there was no reason for the night manager or this other gentlemen to be near our door. I head downstairs to have a conversation with the night manager. I patiently wait until he is done booking a suite for this same gentlemen and very calmly approach him to discuss what he was/wasn't doing by my door with this person. My first conversation ends with him informing me that he wasn't showing him my room - but my neighbors room. At this point, its my word against his and I head back upstairs. As I walk towards my room I notice my neighbors room has a "do not disturb" sign on it. Hmmm ..

I head back downstairs now to question whether he was showing him my room, or my neighbors room with the "do not disturb" sign on it. After a handful of nervous answers, the nighttime manager questioned (1) “anything was missing from my room?” or (2) “why I am making a problem out of this?”.

It’s clear that the nighttime manager had intentions to show my room to this gentlemen while the room was occupied and while we were out for the evening. Whenever we travel, we pay top dollar to stay at luxury hotels for comfort and more importantly, SECURITY. It's also a shame that the nighttime manager couldn't be honest with me as I probably wouldn't be wasting my time right now righting this review.

In response to my complaint to the hotel, the owners/managers e-mailed me to apologize about the situation and informed me that an "investigation" would be taking place. Ya, thanks.

2  Thank giancarlodeL
ZeinaG27, Propriétaire at Hotel San Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Sir,

First of all I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location of the hotel and you had a pleasant time for the first evenings of your stay.
As already expressed, we are very disappointed and deeply sorry you have faced this uncomfortable situation the last evening but I can’t let you question our integrity.

Most of our staff has been working in our family hotel for many years and we have never experienced such a thing.

The security of our guests is one of our main concern. That is why we have security agents every night in our hotel.
We would not allow anyone jeopardize the safety of our clients.
For that reason, we took your email very seriously and we told you we were leading an investigation. What we did.

I can confirm our receptionist had no intention to show your room but a room next to yours.
I think all this has been a huge misunderstanding and misinterpretation.
Again please accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort and insecurity you felt that night.

We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the San Régis to restore your faith in our integrity and the service we provide.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Spectacular hotel on quiet street within walking distance to all major attractions, dining and shopping. The hotel is elegant, filled with art and antiques. Our suite was spacious, clean with superb linens, bed and bath. The staff makes this hotel exceptional with help for airport transfer, dining reservations, room service and anything you can imagine. Planning our return trip now.

Room tip: Open the windows to the courtyard and order a bottle of wine to your room.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ZeinaG27, Propriétaire at Hotel San Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing this great review after your stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to see you appreciated the quiet location of the hotel, the comfort of your room, the service and the authenticity of our Parisian decor. As you may know, the San Régis is a former hôtel particulier (private mansion) built in the 19th century, and our wish is to preserve the special atmosphere of a family home. The furnishings and paintings have all been hunted down, contributing to the unique and soulful ambience of the place.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share those nice comments.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our Parisian mansion!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

From the moment you step inside this gorgeous boutique family hotel you will be mesmerised! It is a hotel steeped in history with the likes of Lauren Bacall and Gene Kelly being guests here. I wanted to feel like I'm staying in a true Parisian style hotel and certainly wasn't disappointed with it's styling and furnishings. The attention to detail is so lovely down to the engraved cutlery. You really do feel special but also at home staying here. I had an amazing room on the 5th floor with a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower to admire every day.The staff are all lovely and very accomodating. A pleasure to converse with and long time staff members which is testament to the hotel and owners.The hotel itself is in the golden triangle and so close to walk everywhere from here. A very quiet street also if you are a light sleeper like myself. I have to say the bed is the most comfy bed I have slept in whilst overseas.I can't recommend staying here highly enough and can't wait to return. A real pleasure to experience for my first time in Paris. Thanks for having me! -)

Room tip: If I was to go again would ask for the same room as loved my view of the Eiffel Tower.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ZeinaG27, Propriétaire at Hotel San Regis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Renelle,

We can’t thank you enough for those kind words which are the best reward we can dream of.

It’s a great pleasure to see how much you appreciated the intimate atmosphere of our family home, its authenticity and Parisian décor, the welcoming and friendly staff, the quiet and central location, the comfort of your room and its view.

The San Régis is a cozy family hotel, privately owned and run. Our dream is precisely to offer to all our guests an intimate and authentic experience of Paris.

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you so much for those compliments.

Most warmly,