1,021 results
All reviews jazz club convention center le bus mall across the street viking river cruise arc de triomphe club floor business hotel spg platinum nice hotel huge hotel direct bus vending machine metro station lobby bar concierge desk breakfast buffet
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We spent four days in this hotel after completing a Viking River Cruise. The complimentary buffet breakfast that was included in our package was excellent. There was such wide variety of food--baked beans for the British, a variety of noodles with add-ins for Asian tastes, for example--that there was something for every taste. Our room, while a little small, was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great and linens if God quality. The hotel is located about a ten-minute walk from the Champs Elysee, and there is a Metro Station within a hundred feet.

1  Thank Ellen E
Maxi G, The Hotel Management at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Ellen E,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment and for staying with us after your cruise. We are delighted to hear that you did not regret your choice and that you took advantage of the hotel location.You were impressed by the hotel facilities and our services contributed to make your stay. It is always great and encouraging to hear that our Guests enjoyed their stay with us and all the Team joins me to express their sincere thanks. We are thrilled to welcoming you back soon for another memorable experience and for spreading the word.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We stayed here as part of a Viking Cruise package. The location was decent and the breakfast were very good. However, the room was antiquated. The toilet was in a little cubby with a door and you had to go out to the next enclosed cubby to use the sink to wash your hands. Thus is unacceptable by any standard. The bed was not too comfortable. All of this for $600 USD per night! I stayed in their Rome hotel and had a beautiful room with a real bathroom. Can't understand the difference. Oh did I mention that we're were 2 sisters traveling? Nothing like the bum's rush. The coup,es on the trip all had a nice room. Viking won't budge on partial refund. Let's see what the hotel offers. Perfect money should get you a perfect room. My advice is to beware of this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dmg3421
Maxi G, The Hotel Management at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear dmg3421
Thank you for posting this review of your stay.We are delighted that the hotel location with transportation nearby and the buffet breakfast made your stay. We are equally disappointed that the lay out the the room that was allocated to you did not suit you. Please note that by contacting the Duty Manager (available 24h a day for assistance) another room with another lay out could have been proposed to you. We never stop focusing our efforts to meet our guest's expectations and we regret for having failed with you. Should your plans bring you back to Paris, we hope that you will consider to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Hotel is very central for walking to Arc De Triumph and Champs-Elysees and we even walked to the Louvre however there is an underground station just a short walk away. It is a lovely hotel, clean rooms with comfortable beds and plenty toiletries. We stayed for 3 nights and only had breakfast which was very varied but my only complaint was the cooked breakfast was usually Luke warm. There are plenty restaurants around this area and a shopping mall over the road which has a supermarket downstairs, there is even a Marks and Spencer.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear susanmferguson

As per your rating, we are really exciting that you enjoyed our hotel location and its facilities. We have taken good note of your comments regarding the breakfast which have been discussed with the Executive Chef. Thank you again for your positive review. We do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to le Meridien Etoile. My Team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stay here as our company has a contract with this hotel. The service was already nothing really to talk about, but this time, the worst of the worst experiences EVER!!! Extremely BAD internet, especially from evening onwards. Sec, probably the WORST ROOM SERVICE EVER. Rude staff, rude ppl ans phone calls. The only good thing about this place is the location, otherwise staying here and paying around 140+€ is a total waste of money.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Alpha B
Maxi G, The Hotel Management at Le Meridien Etoile, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Alpha B,

Your feedback is valuable to us and we were embarrassed to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience to our guests. We have unfortunately fallen short of that goal during your stay.Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered .Be assured your comments have been discussed with the relevant departments. Should your agenda bring you back to Paris, feel free to let us know so that we may ensure that your stay will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Warning…You need a strong stomach to read this review. Regarding this review, I am just going to jump to the “cons” because they so outweigh the “pros” that the pros aren’t even worth writing.

After spending 4 nights in our room I happened to be in the room when housekeeping came in to do the cleaning. I invited the woman in and stayed in the room while she cleaned as I was waiting for my husband to arrive back to the room. While I read, I watched the housekeeper, curious about what she was going to do as I have never before been in a hotel room while the housekeeper worked. I watched as she stripped the duvet cover off of the duvet. At the corner of the duvet, nearest to where I was sitting, I saw a large pinkish reddish blood stain on the duvet. It was about the size of an American football. No doubt about the fact that it was blood. My stomach lurched and I immediately felt sick. I didn’t say anything to the housekeeper as I wanted to see her reaction. I watched as she stuffed the bloody duvet into a fresh duvet cover and proceeded to pleasantly complete making up the bed. When she left the room I called my husband and asked him to come to the room immediately. I also called and asked the hotel duty manager to come to our room immediately, which he did. I asked the duty manager to please reveal the duvet from the cover. When he saw the large blood stain he took a photo and apologized. He agreed to my husband and I that there was no doubt it was blood. I was shaking. We had been sleeping with that duvet for 4 nights at that point. The manager took the bedding away and apologized again saying that this was unacceptable and extremely rare and promised that nothing like this has ever happened before and it will be addressed. Later a small fruit tray and two bottles of water were sent to the room with a note of apology. My husband and I left the room and were assured that the bed would be made up again with care. We came in that night and the bed was remade and at first glance looked perfect.

The next day after getting up my husband went to make up the bed a bit neater and found a large area of dried blood, this time on the sheet itself. We did not notice it the night before as it was on the part of the bedding which was folded down. This time I did take pictures and a video of the disgusting blood stains myself and called the duty manager again. This stain was scattered over about 18” of the sheet. What can I say at this point? I’m still disgusted and quite speechless. Another fruit tray and another note of apology was sent to our room, this time with a bottle of champagne along with a bottle of water. Points were promised to be added to our Starwood account, which has not been done to date. I’m still in a state of fury, shock and dismay. I will not share photos/video due to disturbing content.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jacqueleena,

We were disappointed to hear the issue you faced to during your stay and please allow us to reiterate our apologies for this experience which remains an isolated case and does not reflect our standards. The Duty Manager immediately contacted made the necessary arrangements during your stay. Rest assured your comments have been shared with the Executive Housekeeper in order to discuss the matter with the team and avoid such a repetition.