3,250 results
All reviews cafe de la paix opera house the club lounge opera view platinum ambassador rue scribe opera metro station roissy bus galeries lafayette junior suite an upgrade separate shower classic room concierge desk bottle of champagne macaroons eiffel tower
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I am an Intercontinental Platinum member and I have to say that I am completely disappointed with the Hotel. The grand patio is beautiful, the entrance is grand, but when you get into the rooms and the corridors, you feel a dated hotel, tired. The rooms are not great ( due to different reasons I was in three rooms the same day), and all of them are pretty standard. I had my buffet breakfast at the Restaurant, it is OK but not 50€ worth and the food at the executive lounge is not as good as other Intercontinental's executive lounges I have been (Athens is very nice). Internet is a disaster, you have full signal in the lobby but in other areas the signal is gone (gym). I am not impress by the service, this stay is the typical stay that everything has gone pear shape from the beginning and it has been getting worse and worse (Thanks Ernesto for you help, you made my stay better). But I am not going to give the hotel a second chance till the renovations are over.
Very expensive for what you get.

Room tip: 2406 is a good one
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 215miguelangell
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay in Paris and for your continued loyalty to the InterContinental brand.

I do regret to read that you were not wholly satisfied with this recent experience and wish to apologise for the difficulties encountered regarding your room and the wifi connection in the hotel. Your comments have been shared with our IT Director in order to look into these issues.

We are currently undergoing an exciting renovation project, as part of our continued commitment to enhance our property and service and to further strengthen our leading position in the luxury hotel market.I do hope that we will indeed have the pleasure of welcoming you again once this project is finished.

Thank you for your compliments regarding Ernesto, it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with him and the team.

Your feedback is highly important to us and will be used to monitor and improve the services provided to our guests.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I am a Spire Elite with IHG and usually like my experience with the Intercontinental brand......except for this stay.

We used points, a TON of them (120k) for two night at the Intercontinental Le Grand. The location was great...directly across the street from the beautiful and ornate Opera House.

We arrived early Friday morning from Italy knowing the room would probably not be ready, it wasn’t so we jumped right into Paris with a Seine River boat tour. We received a call around noon that it was ready to go.

We arrived back at the Le Grand at around 2:30, and the placed was so packed and so loud in the lobby area with some sort of business conference that when I tried to use the restroom in the lobby, I was essentially stopped and told I could NOT walk through the lobby to the rest room and to go around a maze of 7ft plants that had been set up to barricade “us from them.” this went on all day until about 8pm

I received the room key and when we excited our floor elevator (1st floor) a kid with a lanyard says to me, “are you here for the break out meeting?” No I wasn’t but it was apparent we had been placed on the sala/biz room floor. As we headed towards our room, we pretty much had to dodge people sitting in the halls on their laptops out in front of the Salas. Annoying but whatever.

We got into our room and it was small. Really small. One night stand, queen bed and the electrical socket was partially pulled out of the wall (pic attached) and we had an internal facing room, zero view. As a Spire Elite, I don’t expect suites, etc, but a view of something other than pipes and the lobby roof would have worked. The bathroom was so small that my wife got ready at the desk in the room.

On Saturday, we spent all day in the City. Great time. We came back at 5pm, and sure enough walking back to our room there was another event staging taking place. This time a load of dancer trying on dresses, stretching etc. again, felt like I was in a video game.

We went to dinner, came back around 10:30 and this was still going on...but this time people were in costume, posing for pictures in hallways and stair cases (pics attached) were we waited again for them to finish. Remember, we were the guests.

I understand that hotels do events (believe me, my wife works in the hospitality industry), but I think we’re the rub comes in for me is that they knew all of this was taking place, and they threw us right in the middle of it. A simple room one floor up would have changed everything.

I will say the concierge staff and guest services were great.

I probably will choose another IHG property when I’m in Paris next

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

Please allow me to most sincerely apologise for the disruption made to your stay with regards to in-house events happening at the same time. I do regret the impact that these events had on your stay and your enjoyment. I apologise that we were unable to assign you to a higher floor for your comfort.

Your comments are truly valuable to us and will be used to monitor and improve the services provided to our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, it will be a pleasure to share your words with them.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the InterContinental brand and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

When I first found the hotel, I never thought I'd come into the construction building and check in. Do not reserve a room in this hotel until the construction is finished. It's really hard to understand that the entire view of room/superior club 5th floor/ was a construction tent and there is no notice when I made a reservation. I asked room-changing but today is full booking so I have to stay no-view room like basement. I can nothing to do now Don’t mistake like me

——

심지어, 그쪽도 천막... 루프탑꼭대기만
살짝 보이는 웃지못할 일이..

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jee J
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay in Paris and for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

Please do accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment experienced during your stay. We did make a mistake regarding your room assignment and for this I am deeply sorry.

Please be assured that this is not the usual level of service that we provide to our guests and I do regret the discomfort experienced. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Paris and the opportunity to show you the true InterContinental experience.

I would like to invite you to reach out to me directly in order to present my apologies personally.

I remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Great Hotel, service is impeccable. Rooms are very comfortable. Bathroom did not have heating. We stayed for 4 nights at the Club Floor and is was worth it. The Club lounge is very elegant and with great food and drink. The location could not be better, you are in the middle of everything, shopping, metro, Vendor, etc... Would definitively stay here on my next visit.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay and for sharing your fantastic five-star review with us !

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced regarding the heating in your bathroom. I do hope that we were informed of this at the time in order to resolve this issue.

We are thrilled to see that you did enjoy your stay with us and the time spent in our Club Lounge. As you mention we do indeed benefit from a fantastic location right in the heart of the city with lots to see and do right on our doorstep.

We look forward to welcoming you to Paris again next time.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The “iconic” Le Grand (Inter-Continental) hotel is in fact a gloomy, satin-draped bouffant affair whose gilt, bustle and flock pretension deflated my spirits, the more so when the lights didn’t work in the bathroom, the window wouldn’t open, and the carpet in my room had not been cleaned. I was rehoused three floors higher to a drab and cluttered cupboard of a room with bowls of dusty fruit, several surplus tasseled cushions and a bathroom shower that splayed water over the floor. This place charges 600 dollars a night! I cannot quite believe that this hotel can afford to carry on with this approach to its customers. Apologies were duly made, no doubt heart-felt, but this felt like an American experience in which everyone assures you of their care of you but nobody fixes things and problems are sorted out by offering discounts or credit points in their loyalty scheme which of course you have to join - sorry but this isn't the French hospitality experience that I once knew knew when the hotel's title was half its length and it wasn't an icon, just a really good place to stay. The business model now is just a zero sum sum game in which those who notice the underlying but unresolved problems are paid off and the profit is made on the rest. Welcome to the new American French dream! As for the cafe de la paix, that's been ruined.

Room tip: dont listen to apologies - demand real service. One way or another they simply want you to stop complaining and just go away
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Sawmillbloke

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I do most sincerely regret your disappointment regarding this stay and for the various shortcomings experienced.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the teams. We are here to serve our guests and our guests are at the heart of our daily efforts and concerns. I regret that you did not experience this dedication upon this occasion.

I do sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again and the opportunity to show you the true InterContinental experience.

In the meantime, I do remain at your disposal should you wish to discuss this experience further, allowing us to monitor and improve the services provided to our guests.