3,249 results
All reviews cafe de la paix opera house the club lounge opera view platinum ambassador rue scribe opera metro station roissy bus galeries lafayette junior suite an upgrade separate shower classic room concierge desk bottle of champagne macaroons eiffel tower
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Hotel was very beautiful and had a very beautiful view of the Opera Garnier.
Hotel room was very clean, beautiful, and comfortable.
All hotel persons whom I met at the reception and restaurant were very kind.
Location was also excellent to reach from CDG airport with Roissy bus.
I will consider this hotel first when I will go Paris again.

Room tip: Choose Operaview room!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Snowool
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your great comments with us.

We are thrilled that you did enjoy your stay with us and particularly the extra magic of the Opera Garnier.

As you mention, we do indeed benefit from a fantastic central location with easy transport links, and lots to see and do right on our doorstep.

I am pleased that the staff did also add to your comfort and enjoyment and it will be a pleasure to share your kind words with them.

We hope to welcome you again on your future trips to Paris.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

I love the Le Grand Intercontinental Hotel in Paris, France. My sister and I arrived around noon from the train station and we went directly to the club lounge which is still on the 5th floor. We were greeted by Gilles by name. He had our room ready and had the bags sent directly to our room, and also gave us a welcome glass of champagne.
As a Royal Ambassador we were given a very nice upgrade. Even thought the hotel has started a renovation, we never saw or heard any of it. We were told that the club lounge will eventually be moved to the first floor, no one seems to know when. When this happens, we will certainly miss the beautiful view of the Opera House. As usual the food and drink was excellent!
Having recently stayed at a Intercontinental Hotel that does not have a club lounge, you cannot beat this feature of the Le Grand.
My friend and I stayed for a week at the Le Grand in the fall of 2017, yet I was very impressed that everyone remembered my name and greeted me warmly. I must recognize several people by name that went way above any job requirements and made our stay in Paris so enjoyable. Gilles, is great! I feel he has become a friend and I look forward to seeing him again hopefully in 2019. I have to mention Mayuui who always had all of the answers for our questions and it was a pleasure to see her again.
This trip we did meet several new members to the staff of the club lounge and we appreciated the attention to every need that we had. Dwayne, Dimitri, Simao, and Fleur were always so attentive. They are are all an asset to the hotel. Everyone was extremely friendly and yet also found a way to be very professional, which is not always the case in many Intercontinental Hotels.
I do hope that the management of the Le Grand is as appreciative of these individuals as we are. The management of this hotel should certainly understand the importance of these individuals.
The location of the Le Grand is perfect for walking almost anywhere. It is close to the department stores which we loved as well as museums. Thank you Gilles and staff for the wonderful spring time in Paris.

Room tip: Even with the renovations, there are no bad rooms! No noise!
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us following your recent stay here at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand.

What a delight to read such a glowing review. I am thrilled that you and your sister did enjoy your stay with us and that particularly the staff did add to your comfort and enjoyment. We are here to serve our guests and I am so pleased that you did experience this dedication first-hand during your time with us. It will be a real honour to share your compliments with Gilles, Mayumi and the rest of the team. They are great assets to the team and to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This is truly a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location but the rooms are very small and a bit disappointing. The bathrooms very quite clean old fashioned as well. However the central lounge is stunning and the service is very good. I would not rate this hotel as value for money and expected a bit more for what I was paying (a substantial discount to the rack rate). I will try another the next time.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Shona C
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay in Paris and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I do regret to read that you were not wholly satisfied with this recent experience, particularly regarding your room and bathroom. I do hope that the teams were informed of this at the time in order to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Thank you for complimenting the service, we are here to serve our guests and happy that you did experience this.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Location is fantastic, 15 E taxi from Gare Nord, 20 min walk to Louvre, 10 E to Bateaux Mouches, 40 min to De Gaulle. Definitely sign up for the Club Lounge: you can actually have all your meals there, Eggs cooked to order for breakfast, great sandwiches for lunch, and different hot items for dinner. And a full bar for dinner. And great service for breakfast and lunch,
the hotel is under renovation and scafoolding on the outside but the noise was minimal in the rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Paris Le Grand for your recent stay and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

We are so pleased to see how you did enjoy your stay and that our Club Lounge did add to your enjoyment.

As you mention we do indeed benefit from a fantastic central location with lots to see and do right on our doorstep.

I am pleased to read that our current exciting renovation project did not impact on your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I guess I was spoiled by our last stay at this lovely hotel when we were upgraded to a suite overlooking the Opera House. No upgrade this time but then this was a single night stay as we were moving to an apartment the following day. It's a large classic hotel with grand public spaces and a wide variety of rooms, no uniformity in room sizes, views though some in decor. If you have elevated status, simply pay for a suite, or arrive when the hotel is not busy you will probably find your room matches the grandeur of the common spaces and that your view is one of the best in the city. If you get a good rate and things are busy, as was our case this time, your likely to get a nice room in a grand hotel in an excellent location but one that does not match up well with your expectations.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank jsthouston

Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to visit the InterContinental Paris Le Grand again and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

As the building dates from the Haussmannian period, the rooms vary in shape and size, adding to the character of the building.

I do regret that upon this occasion we were unable to upgrade you as we have done in the past.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.