“Brilliant Hotel in Montmartre”

Hotel Basss by HappyCulture
Ranked #452 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Hotel Basss for five nights and absolutely loved it. The hotel is really clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It's situated in the heart of Montmartre and can't recommend the place highly enough. I will definitely stay here again when I go back to Paris.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Hélène M, Gérant at Hotel Basss by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear 605davey,

We had so much pleasure to walcome you in our small hotel !
Thank you for your great feedback. The entire team really loves to make the stay of our clients as memorable as possible ! We would be very happy to host your relatives.
We remain at your entire disposal even after your leaving.
Kind regards, Hélène MAILLET - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Very very friendly staff are a real assett at this boutique hotel. The lovely lady at breakfast worked very hard and was always smiling (do need to change those chipped cups though)

Its in a great location in an area that is a real 'locals' area (as shown by the queues outside the butchers and bakers) and close to 2 Metro stations (be very careful in the ticket halls and platforms as we were targeted by pickpockets)

Room had everything you needed for a couple of nights stay - my only niggle is that the shower isn't good. Cold one minute then boiling hot the next - plus the curtain stuck to you and the floor flooded.

Wouldn't put me off returning though - but can i just ask the management if they'd get some English tea - with so many of us Brits visiting your hotel it would be a wise buy!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Hélène M, Gérant at Hotel Basss by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2015

Dear londonlady2,

Let me warmly thank you for your very nice comment.
We were very happy to welcome you and your husband and we are always happy to help ! at the reception, or during the breakfast, this is absolutely normal.
I have seen your question about the tea : we do have english breakfast tea in our tea box selection. I would then like to apologize if we forgot to refill the box properly.... but be reassured, we have this. Concerning the shower, the hot water system is going to be revised this week, we will see if there is any problem with. I am sorry that it was not as comfortable to have a shower as it should be.
We would be happy to see you again !
Kindest regards, Hélène MAILLET - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I was very well received by both the young man at the reception desk, who was particularly helpful but also by the Vietnamese lady who works at the breakfast hall. I had stayed here three years ago before the actual renovation and feel that despite the fact that the bedroom I was staying at was rather small it was nevertheless perfect for a two night stay

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Hélène M, Gérant at Hotel Basss by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Iolanda A,

We are happy to read your comment and would like to thank you for the tim you took writing it.
I think you had not recognized the hotel compared to how it looked before ! This is usually what clients tell us. All the team is always very happy to help our clients, this is actually our role, and this is always a joy for us. I will transmist your compliments to the concerned persons.

Hélène MAILLET - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2015

The hotel is perfectly located in Montmartre. The staff is extra friendly, the breakfast is very good and it's super nice that there's free stuff every afternoon - like coffee cakes, donuts, sweets,....
The room is ok but the bathroom - its not possible to stay in front of the sink and brush the teeth or to sit straight on the toilet - cause the room is soooo tiny. I guess it would work if the sink would be smaller - cause for this room, its way too big.
Anyways - I think I'd stay in this hotel again as the location is amazing and it's still very clean and comfy. So I'd probably recommend this hotel to my friends (but always mention the tiny bathroom).

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Sabrina S,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment.
We are glad that you had a good stay at the hotel and that you particularly enjoyed our afternoon "happenings" with American pastries and Nespresso coffee offered !
I read that you think to come back and this makes us very happy. Concerning the bathroom, we always try to allocate bigger rooms and bathrooms for our clients staying several nights. But I will be happy and honored to assist you personnaly for the next stay. Please, ask my direct contact at the reception when you will call or email us.
With kind regards, Hélène MAILLET - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2015

perfect for a two/three night getaway in a perfect parisian street.
i'd have avoided the Ikea full design in the rooms but it works.
very friendly and helpful staff and free nespresso, yeah.
toilets are a bit too small, even for paris.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jean L
Hélène M, Gérant at Hotel Basss by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2015

Dear Jean L,

Thank you so much for your testimony, and the great notation you gave us !
The rooms have designer furniture, not from IKEA, our architect has designed and created the line especially for us. But I understand your point : we have tryed to furnish the rooms in the most convenient and optimal way.
The entire team is so happy to read that you were satisfied by our help and care, this is our passion. We all remain at your entire disposal Jean L,
Hélène MAILLET - Hotel Manager