“Breakfast ”

CAFE BRASSERIE AUX P.T.T.
Ranked #5,139 of 18,726 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Has Been There Many Years
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the set 9€ pp breakfast and it was good for the price. Clean dining area and nice service. Cheaper than a hotel breakfast.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stopped in for light dinner but got more than we expected. I ordered the veal steak with rice, my wife got chicken in Burgundy sauce with veggies and we both started with a salad. Both meals were good but neither of us could finish the entire meal.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

So here's the thing. We were really hungry after touring the Eiffel Tower and didn't want to wait until we got back close to our hotel to have dinner, so we hoped in here. My expectations were pretty low from he beginning. I knew that given the location that the food will likely be overpriced and not all that great. I was okay with that walking in. However, I didn't think it would be a huge scam. First, we ordered one bottle of water to share as we also got a bottle of wine. However, the waiter brought over two waters and before I was able to say anything, opened them both and poured it into our individual glasses. I got the steak and fries. Now for 17 Euros, you would think that it would be a bit more than a thin piece of me and some over cooked yellow french fries. I thought I was back at a Denny's. Again, this is not the upsetting part as my expectations were set. What really bothered me was that the waiter came with a bill and demanded a tip! I've traveled enough to know that you don't tip anywhere outside of the US, maybe Canada. He came with the bill and said the tip was not included in the price and that I can give 10 or 15 euros. For what? We barely got service! So he came back with the credit card machine and he again asked how much tip I wanted to give and I said "people have to tip here" and he said "yes". Now I know that's not true because the European couple next to me was not asked for a tip. He probably thought he could get away with it because we were Americans and that's what we're used to. I should have just thrown down Euros for my meal, but I didn't have enough and had to give my card and again, he asked how much tip I wanted to give. I felt trapped and just told him to add 10 euros so I can get out. AVOID at ALL COST!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was there a couple days ago and ordered some food and 2 diet cokes. The waiter was very rude and the drinks were exhorbitantly expensive. I paid 17.40 euros for 2 small diet cokes. Definitely, not a place that I would recommend.
Waste of money and the attitude would ruin your trip!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We stayed in Paris from 12/2 - 15/2 and on our first evening we stumbled across this bar just for a drink as we was staying round the corner. The service was excellent and very friendly, we loved how it seemed to be a place for locals. We decided to go back for a drink each evening we was in Paris & each time we sat next to the window. Hope you get to read this review as it was our favorite place to drink in the evenings, massive thank you and we hope to return in the future.