“Worth the wait”

Ranked #8 of 1,599 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Completed in 1889, this colossal landmark, although initially hated by many Parisians, is now a famous symbol of French civic pride.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There was quite a queue for tickets for the lift to the second and third stages but the views from both stages are well worth the wait. This is one of the must see attraction in Paris, on a sunny day - fantastic.

Write a ReviewReviews (119,510)
All reviews
in 7,838 reviews
"stairs"
in 5,211 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went up to the summit at sunset and it was beautiful! We also stayed for the light show and it was so cool to be up there when the lights started going. We bought our tickets through the Eiffel Tower website before we came and it worked out beautifully!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visiting got old, fast. So many people harass you to buy their souvenirs. I bought "skip the tickets" online which were a massive waste. The only line you skip is for security, and there was barely a line for that when I went anyways. You still have to queue to take the elevator up. TAKE MY ADVICE: Do NOT book a summit ticket. I know it sounds tempting but trust me on this. It took over an hour of standing in line just to get the second elevator up... and once I was up there it was so crowded you could barely move or see out anyway, so after ten minute I immediately wanted to come back down, which meant lining up for even longer! An hour and 20 minutes just to get back to the second level. What a waste. Pretty unimpressed overall. I'd recommend just viewing the Eiffel tower up close, and then seeing the views from the Ferris wheel which is much cheaper.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So many books and movies have used the Eiffel Tower as a back drop for love stories. It is both history and an architectural marvel for its time. A must see when in Paris!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Everyone has heard of the tower, but none seems to know about the cheap and quick way up.

It cost me 5€ to get to the second level by using the stairs. It’s not as exhausting as expected, and saved me alot of money compared to paying for the elevator.

I also believe i stood in line for about 1/5th of the time compared to those who waited for elevator tickets. In other words: do not waste time on money on the elevator, when you can enjoy some stairs instead!

The only downside was that even on a rainy day, the tower was extremely crowded, and it felt like we all walked in line, - atleast inside by the café.