1,480 results
All reviews place darcy train station lovely hotel lovely garden valet parking excellent location old town star hotel rooms are modern hotel restaurant nespresso machine bed was very comfortable the main square room was large park the car separate toilet within easy walking distance
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It’s centrally located: but then Dijon is pretty small. The rooms are spacious and have all the amenities you would expect.
But... this hotel comes nowhere near the level of the many five star hotels my wife and I have visited in Europe, the United States Asia.
For instance:
There was nobody on the door to help us with our bags when we arrived.
Reception kept us waiting when we arrived and made no apology for doing so.
There was nobody to show us to our room and help us there with our bags.
There was nobody at the door throughout our stay and no sign of a concierge.
The phone on our room did not work.
Although the electronic key on our door worked, the metal plate to which it should have been applied was missing. There was just a hole in the door where it should have been.
The alarm in the corridor outside our room went off in the middle of the first night we were there, without apparent reason, subsequent explanation or apology.
The best in Dijon? I don’t know.
Five star? In my humble opinion, I don’t think so.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Antoine M, Directeur général at Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Operation manager

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We opted to stay at this hotel for one night only during our trip to Provence having last stayed here approximately 20 years ago and prior to its refurbishment. We were astounded at the high level of service provided by all staff particularly on reception. Our valet car parking was simple and swift. The room was fantastic with all facilities you would expect from the Sofitel group - faultless. We shall certainly return for a longer period next time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Antoine M, Directeur général at Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear Michael,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon - MGallery by Sofitel.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Congratulations to Sofitel on the effort that has gone into all aspects of the refurbishment of La Cloche. In particular, the rooms reflect a perfect balance of old world charm with the most modern of facilities - this attention to detail makes the guest feel very special. Congratulations.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear Paul,

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel as it was conveniently located near the train station. Ultimately for this trip we didn’t take advantage of our beautiful room since we spent most of our time in Beaune.
It is a gorgeous hotel and I believe redone in 2015. Service is excellent and staff speak English. If you are renting a car it is no problem to Valet and the access to the front is easy via car. The bar is lovely as is the restaurant. We had drinks at the bar and the bartender was very professional. We had breakfast in the restaurant. It was a buffet that had absolutely everything you’d want including a self service egg boiler (for lack of the actual term).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Antoine M, Directeur général at Grand Hotel La Cloche Dijon - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Kenneth

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This is your typical Sofitel-clean, comfortable and ideally located. What makes this particular one stand out is the excellent front desk. They were efficient, communicative with both us and with each other, and one step ahead of us every time we needed their input. And always with a smile. If only I had this team in every hotel I stayed in. Thank you!

Stayed: April 2018