6,219 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barwalk in showerbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one night
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had booked into another hotel, but they cancelled us due to overbooking, and they re-booked us here. The check in was efficient and friendly.. We were told about breakfast times, but not that we could book. The room was comfy enough, although getting tired. The building is lovely. The bar area in the evening was very busy, but there was a concert in town that day, and also a wedding at the hotel. The breakfast was a disaster with huge queues and all the hot food stands empty. There were lots of people hanging around just waiting for everything to be refilled. In honesty the breakfast took the shine off it for us, as we like to have a long leisurely breakfast when we are not in a rush. It was akin to a Premier Inn, not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jonny W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Please accept my apologies for this lapse in our service standards which resulted in your disappointment. I would like to assure you that this is not our normal standard.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend when attending Soccer Aid and we wanted to treat ourselves to a 5 star hotel with a spa.

The hotel is in a great location and the room was comfortable although on the small side. When pulling back the bed sheets, there was a stain which I think is unacceptable. The heating/air conditioning system wasn't great and gave the room a sort of stuffy smell.

Check-in was fine, although we were told the times breakfast and they change on week days so we almost missed breakfast. We just made it as they were clearing up the buffet. The breakfast had a good selection.

The most disappointing part of our stay was the spa experience. The waiting area was next to the gym and very noisy. Whilst completing our details, we could hear the very loud receptionist/spa staff gossiping which did not make for a very relaxing start and is not professional at all. Next time we visit, we'll probably try a different hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Bella A

I was sorry to read that you had been disappointed with your recent stay and send you my apologies for the shortfalls you encountered. Please be assured that I have taken your feedback on board and have reminded our team to maintain our high standards at all times.

Kind regards
Jonny

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Jonny W, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I had paid to go and see the Foo Fighters at the Eithad Stadium on Tuesday 19th June 2018. I went solo as a loner, but still got the buzz and feel good factor of live music.

Upon my arrival to Manchester Coach station, people were very friendly in guiding me to the hotel which was in walking distance of the coach station. I called into a subway and asked for directions and they were helpful also with a lap top user also giving directions.

Upon arrival at the hotel I accidentally entered the bar instead of reception, but was guided to the reception with absolute friendliness. I paid the 269 pounds and 45 pence upon arrival for the Business Double Room (single use). I got breakfast included in the room rate and learned how to use a room card in a lift. The breakfast on the morning after the concert was a buffet style breakfast (which gives you as a customer choice).

The hotel was situated close to the tram line taking you straight to the Etihad Campus so the infrastructure was never too far away. I found the Radisson Blu Edwardian to be a generally nice hotel and my bathroom was big brother style with a drain in the floor. The shower head wasn't in the bath so maybe the room was more modern than I expected however not a bad thing. My room had a safety security box, twin beds and a television.

I checked out at 11am on Wednesday 20th June 2018. The only thing maybe disappointing was the fact the bar didn't open till midday so I ended up going to Caffe Nero and then Starbucks Coffee after as my coach wasn't till about 3 o clock in the afternoon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Barry G
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am pleased you enjoyed your trip to Manchester. We do serve tea and coffee in the lobby area so I apologize that this was not offered to you.