“The nicest cafe I’ve visited in flipping years”
Review of Tea Hive

Tea Hive
Ranked #406 of 2,465 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped at the Tea Hive on the way to the city centre. We were tempted in by the numerous iced coffee options! It was a really hot day and our group had a variety of iced drinks... iced Vietnamese coffee which was excellent, a strawberry and mint iced tea (also EXCELLENT) and an iced Mocha! The drinks only took a few minutes and we were brought to us in their lovely little outdoor seating area.
The cafe is really pretty and has clearly been decorated with a lot of care and attention. There are so many delicious looking cakes and treats which were all presented beautifully.

Most of the people in my group had the Triple Halloumi stack which is an amazing 3 layer toasted sandwich filled with olives, mushrooms and other Mediterranean flavours. The sand which was MASSIVE and made with really lovely toast.
I had the vegan scrambled egg with avocado and it was absolutely OFF THE FLIPPING SCALE. The food was really reasonably priced and everybody working at the cafe was really very friendly.

There’s no doubt that I’ll be coming back. There’s lots of places jumping on the alternative food bandwagon at the moment but so many of them don’t manage to capture the friendly and creative environment that makes this cafe a real treat to visit.

2  Thank jackpw2017

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I lived in Chorlton for 10 years and there are a few good places where to have coffee and cakes reasonably priced and with really good service. This is not one of these. I waited a long time for coffee and a snack and for my little one’s cookies and juice. It was a saturday late morning and yes it was busy but still you do not wait for more than 30 minutes in other Places. Not really clean either, and some of the staff not happy to be there on Saturday morning. It was not a good experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in for lunch one Wednesday. Walking in the decor is beautiful and the menu’s look to have an interesting mix of food. Unfortunately I was sat down for 15+ minutes before being serviced. And this was afterI went searching for a server and found there was 2 of them sat chatting at the upstairs bar. They apologised and took an order. Food came out promptlyish and was decent, but the cake I ordered for after was forgotten until I once again had to go and search out service (same two girls sat chatting at the bar again). The cake itself looked lovely but was pretty heavy kind of like a brownie consistency.. claggy. Also teeeeeny tea cups for a green tea which meant it was brewing in the pot way too long before you could poor a second cup and thus bar the first cup it wasn’t pleasant.

Shame, nice place but I wouldn’t return for tea or cake.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve eaten at Tea Hive 5 or 6 times in the last few years and always enjoy the food. The service is friendly but slow, on a weekend at least- we’ll only come here for lunch if we have no plans for the afternoon as it’s typically a good 45 minutes for Eggs Benedict or similar.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I visited Tea Hive today with six colleagues. I had pre-booked and requested gluten-free options for one of us. We were all very happy with our visit. The cakes and scones were delicious and so were the drinks. I had a turmeric latte (a new experience) which was lovely. The chocolate and avocado cake was delicious and the savoury scones looked freshly made. The guy who served us was polite, helpful and got the order just right. Just what we hoped for. Thanks Tea Hive. We will visit again.

1  Thank Liz L