Hotels.com
Agoda.com
Trip.com
FindHotel
1,373 results
All reviews art deco afternoon tea beautiful hotel town centre walk in shower food was lovely race course function room wedding reception from start to finish car park steak comfy bed ballroom diane races racecourse
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2021

Wow - we loved this hotel as soon as we walked into reception. Super glitzy and so different. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble - the room was super clean. Lovely weekend from start to finish. We stayed for a friends beautiful wedding but would love to visit again!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica Tracey, Guest Services / Front Office at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Good Afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

Outstanding venue, customer service, food and an overall wonderful place to stay. Very clean and the beds are super sized and very comfortable. We have had a double and a suite on numerous occasions and they are very spacious and have everything you need including an iron, ironing board and hairdryer! My husband had a bad foot on our last visit and they even arranged for him to use a motor scooter during our stay, they go above and beyond to help in any way they can (especially the lovely Dianne on reception). It is our 'go to' place to stay in Doncaster every time! Highly recommend. By 'Happy from East Sussex'

Good Afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

We picked this hotel because my wife loves the art deco architecture and details, the hotel did not disappoint, it looked amazing. Unfotunately, that is where the positivity ends.

Guest Rooms
Perhaps not 100% accurate, the bedrooms were very spacious and bathrooms very clean, however, the wifi router placed behind the TV did produce a very bright blue falshing light. Obviously, no one from the hotel has actually stayed in their rooms.

Restaurant & Bar
Again brilliant designs and details. However, the staff very unfirendly, untrained and really didn't look like they wanted to be there. Our waitress, struggled to open a bottle of wine with a cork (as in didn't know how to do it), the servie was slow and uninterested, food ok for a wetherspoons, not a 4 star hotel as they describe, the noise from the function upstairs was very loud and my wife and I played a game of guessing the song from the heavu bass . This was bad enough to rattle the glasses in the bar...!!!

Location
Good location for us (near M1) and fairly secure parking at the rear of the property.

Overall a fairly disappointing stay more for the missed opportunity that the hotel has to make something very special. A lot of our poor service would be rectified by training and improving the staff's knowledge and I hope the management are able to invest some capital to really push this fantastic hotel to a new level.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica Tracey, Guest Services / Front Office at The Earl of Doncaster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Good Afternoon,

I am sure you have received my email by now, and that I was hopefully able to resolve some of these issues for you.

I have been a resident in the hotel many times myself, and I have never found a problem with the blue light, as the TV blocks most of the light. I am sure you were able to enjoy the Wifi the router ensured you had.

We pride ourselves on the compliments we receive about our friendly staff and how many of our staff often make our guests stays. I can assure you all our staff are well trained. As I explained in my email, we are running the hotel on skeleton staff due to the pandemic and the fact that many of our management team have had to isolate due to being contacted by track and trace. I am sure you can understand that this is hard on any business.

Our hotels is well known for our fabulous weddings. Unfortunately this does come with a lot of noise and dancing. I am sure if this had been your wedding you would not appreciate being told to be quiet on your special day. As I told you earlier, we do ensure all noise is to a minimum by 12:30am to ensure all our guests have a good nights sleep.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Fabulous stay with sisters. We were visiting the Earl to check out where our sister will be getting married next year. The hotel is wonderful! Loved the ballroom it is just stunning, The staff were so friendly and helpful.

Good Afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next year for your sisters wedding.

Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Absolutely lovely place, stayed 3 times in 3 different rooms all lovely spacious and very clean, staff always helpful and efficient, never ate there but will try it next time, dining area as with the foyer bar etc are lovely Deco , cant wait to come back , very close to ammenities, nice shopping an restaurants close by too

Room tip: Parking is onsite, free wifi
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Caroline,