Review Highlights
Iconic Norman Gateway

It’s not hard to imagine what life in and around the Castle was like through the ages. The detailed... read more

Reviewed today
mon725
Lancaster, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fantastic Tour

Well worth the £8 for the guide led tour. James was full of knowledge and passed it on in a very... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Jackie S
Preston, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,832 results
All reviews guided tour working court crown court working prison great tour pendle witches criminal court his knowledge court room shire hall an excellent guide branding iron well worth a visit witch trials per adult open to the public fascinating history
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I took my 3 and 6 year old Sons on the kids tour. It was wonderful. Very informative. The guide was wonderful. My boys loved it. The guide has a great way of involving the kids. I would definitely recommend for all ages!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

You really need to do the tour to see the wonderful courts and experience the prison. Tours are regular, about one an hour or so and last about an hour. We had a brilliant guide, Graham, who brought things to life and was extremely informative. Tours cost £8pp (£6.50 child and over 65s) and are well worth this. Good thing to do if it is raining!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing time just after the bank holiday, visited the castle with my American friend and we had a tour from Cameron. He honestly brought history to life, his acting skills really made the tour worthwhile, and the hour went by super quickly. Definitely want to go back!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

As a group of 11 friends we booked on the 11.30 tour of the castle on the Sunday of the recent bank holiday weekend. Our tour guide was Cameron who brought his tour to life with his acting skills. We found the tour very interesting and it was very well attended. The castle grounds were busy as it was the Hangman’s Noose 10k which finished in the courtyard. I will be visited again and bringing our children on the castle tour.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my family visited here and decided to have a tour. The outside grounds itself are great but to get a proper feel of the place I think you would have to tour the inside of the building. It was quite a small tour making it easier for us all to see things and for the tour guide to talk to us. Very interesting place to go. The tours are only at certain times of the day but if you can I’d recommend going on one.