“Hit and Miss”

Miller and Carter Solihull
Ranked #175 of 346 Restaurants in Solihull
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We have been her several times as my mother loves the fish dishes .we took her there Saturday 24 th July . She ordered sea bass my husband and myself ordered steak . Mother’s sea bass came unexpectedly big , nice and plump and looking delicious which it was according to her she the the lot. Then mine came . I had serloin steak baked potato cos lettuce with blue cheeses sauce and onion loaf. I could not cut the baked potato it was so hard. It was taken back then returned fine but on trying a piece of steak with garlic butter on top that had not melted the steak was unseared and cold. Again it went back when returned they had changed my peppered sauce for dripping sauce which the waiter was unusually trying to promote and we had refused several times. This was changed and when I went to eat my lettuce it had not been given to me. The onion loaf was more like a burnt squashed onion Bargy . I noticed that the sauces served in tiny saucepans was only about half an inch filled in all of them that we had they used to be To be at least half. The cos lettuce which used to be half was a quarter. When finished we were asked how was you meal and I said as nicely as I can do you really want to know or do you want me to lie. She said truthfully. I said for over seventeen pound for a steak of eight oozes it was a disaster as you know. The food here is not cheap and I could get a steak a fraction of the price in many a pub hundred percent better . When it good her it good when it bad it bad. I said it seems to be hit and miss.but for a steak house of its statue it is terrible.my husband was edible but not good he had a larger steak . Mother’s was Devine. That was it she said sorry we paid and went . I think from this one for good. Too expensive for hit and miss presentation.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Positive first experience, busy for a weekday evening, best to book, relaxed atmostphere, plenty of choice, prompt service,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Staying with our very special friend, spending a few days with her - we had asked her to book somewhere nice for the evening.
A hiccup when our order got lost on the computer but we were well compensated with a plate of bread and dripping and were not charged for our coffees - a mistake being recognised makes all the difference!
Food was absolutely super, we enjoyed every mouthful.
A great atmosphere and a lovely waitress.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

After a day on our feet at the NEC we decided to go out for a few drinks and a steak to try and get a little fun. From the moment we walked in we were well treated by the staff and given suggestions based on what we were looking to eat and drink. Not cheap but pretty good value.

This was the first M & C I had been to but I will consider them again any time I am near one. Good portions, delivered as ordered, it is hard to find fault - just don't expect haut cuisine, it is a steak and grill restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Went here for my sister's birthday. Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Our waitress was Hollie and she was lovely, making us very welcome and offering advice about food choices, changes to meals if necessary and always making sure we had everything we needed. Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone wanting to celebrate a special occasion.