“Family get together”

Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Tewkesbury
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Warm welcome but downhill from there. Took a while to get the first or to be taken. Drinks and starter cam out quickly but mains took a long time and we had to ask for them. They quickly returned with them but they had obviously been under the heat lamps for some time as dishes were dried out. After plates cleared no one came to ask about deserts. We asked for desert menus but no one returned for an order. We left the restaurant to sit in the bar and had to order coffees there. Was a convenient meeting place for us all coming from different areas - Oxford, Devon and Malvern. Will look elsewhere next time.

1  Thank Di S

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Called in here with a friend for lunch. I hadn't visited before, although my friend had. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Service was great. We both had the three course set lunch menu. All three courses were excellent. I'm planning to bring my husband here next visit, can't wait!

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Visited with family on the royal wedding/cup final day. Staff were initially excellent and very accommodating. Food was perfect but we finally finished our 2 course meal 2 hours later! So only 4 stars due to the "relaxed" service.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We booked a party of 32 people in for breakfast on our way to Weymouth on Saturday 5th May & evening meal on our way back to Sheffield on Monday 7th May.The organisation,the helpful staff & the quality of food was exeptional many thanks to all concerned.We look forward to returning in the future .

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I had pre booked our meal a week in advance as it was for a birthday celebration. We arrived at 5 50 pm ready for our booked table at 6pm. At that point we were told the restaurant closed at 6pm so the staff we only staying to get our meal and we had 5 minutes to choose and order our food. Why were we not told this when we booked our table? we would have booked earlier? We were taken to our table and told to order immediately. The staff made it very obvious that they wanted us to hurry up and of course as it was the end of the shift only half the items on the menu were still available. When the food arrived it was either recooked or had been kept warm for several hours and was basically inedible. Even the kids pizza was soggy! The vegetables were mouldy, the chicken dried up and hard and everything else was luke warm. We barely ate a thing. After complaining 20 % was taken off the bill but we still paid almost £100 for one course for 6 adults and 2 children.
We came home and my son whos birthday it was, had cereal for his meal !
The following day I rang to speak to the manager to ask why our meal had been booked in the first place as the restaurant shut then. I was told the manager was ill and would be contacted as soon as she was well. This went on for several weeks, with me ringing and being told they woud contact me when the manager was back in. I have now been waiting 2 months for them to return my call so am assuming they are not planning on contacting me!!
we had been reccommended this restaurant and looking on the reviews here I am very disappointed that our birthday night out was such a disaster, made worse by the fact that the managerial team do not even have the decency to return my call.

Date of visit: January 2018