Expedia
  • Restaurant
Expedia
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquality ingredientspublic areasfull english breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonelick of paintmain roadroom was spaciousbirthday partybooked a family rooman evening mealcannot faultthe hotel is cleanground floorfantastic hotelmember of stafffront of housedouble bed
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We travel a lot, mainly short stays either for sporting events or dog shows so we've seen the good, the bad and the scary! My wife is the brains of the outfit so she handles the bookings and I just get us there.
When she told me the price I was pleasantly surprised and when we arrived late that evening the welcome we received was excellent.
We originally booked a family room for the 3 of us but, for whatever reason, it wasn't available so a double and a single were offered instead.
The rooms are nothing special, although well kept and clean, tidy and everything you would expect these days. The advertising on their page says this "If you have become disillusioned by large hotel groups and want a more personal approach when staying away from home then we may be able to help."
So, how do they do it? We didn't eat as we arrived late and it was just a quick stopover so I can't comment on that but two things were readily apparent; 1- plenty of teas and coffee and loads of milk which makes a real change, and 2 - a proper bath, not like the tiny ones shoehorned in to a shower cubicle but a big bath easily big enough for two (I'll leave your imagination to yourselves thank you...).
All in all a definite recommendation from us, including Barney, the Dog (No extra charge for him either...) Have a great trip!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is looking extremely tired now, the bathrooms are very stained, mouldy and poor, the first room we stayed in had no hot water and dirty towels, and after we were moved to another room because of this the shower tap fell off and there was no plug to the sink. The staff although were excellent and very accommodating, but due to the poor condition of the hotel they could only do so much, we will not be returning which is a shame as the hotel is in an excellent position and if renovated could once again be ideal.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 weeks and had a great experience the hotel was outstanding and the staff was also amazing I couldn’t of asked for anything better the manager Jake helped me with anything I needed at anytime day or night thank you for a lovely stay I will definitely be coming back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

There was a problem with the heating in our room, and the room was unbearable to stay in.
We complained to staff who were unhelpful and quite rude!
The heating in our room wouldn't turn off it was 25 degrees outside and in our room felt like 100! They simply said open a window! Duh like we hadn't already!!
They couldn't move us to a double room as only had twin rooms left so when we said forget it we would like a refund and leave to the hotel they couldn't apparently that had to come from the area manager who would call us promptly.
We left the hotel after being there for two hours.
The next day still no call from this area manager so I called him, and the word manager is not what I'd use for this toffy nosed poor excuse for a man let alone a manger!
He was so rude and unhelpful he didn't want to listen to my complaint kept talking over me, his answer was tough no refund not our problem, basically if u don't like the service don't stay there! He was so rude (obviously trained his staff well) and basically vile to me on the phone.
So my advice avoid the berverly hotel and if u have the misfortune of staying there check the room first before you pay.
If u have the misfortune of dealing with the manager Jake then don't expect him to deal with any problems or a refund.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a room in room 28 for 3/6/18 to find the heating in the room on full blast and no way of fixing the issue or turning it off. Reported the problem to reception to be told to leave a window open or have a twin room and push the beds together. Decided to leave an hour later due to the heat and asked for a refund. Was told I couldn't have a refund until they contacted the general manager to which there's still no reply. Paid £30 for 2 hours in a sauna bedroom with no refund policy and shocking customer service. Highly disappointed as I've stayed quite a few times at this hotel but will never be going back. Avoid! Or check your room first before handing over any money. Never again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple