All reviews racing bar race track hot stone massage touring car nasi goreng gym facilities pool and jacuzzi good size pleasant stay evening meal checking in birthday treat nice room short stay stayed for one night member of staff afternoon tea
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

good hotel and good kitchen room large
just miss a mini bar and the dining room I felt uncomfortable perhaps a surgetic
lamps above the table instead of in the ceiling
if someone looks at it, you can make the hotel a lot nicer and gives you a more pleasant feeling
now I get the feeling of a sports canteen
service was great genuine hospitality

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AmyGleadow, General Manager at Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ivob537,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your ideas on how we could improve our services and product. I do hope that we may be able to welcome you back to the hotel on a future occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for the benefit for proximity it Brands Hatch, in all honesty, book further away and walk to the curcuit - it’s be a better experience.
Book with the hotel direct and give your payment details via their website, but they will not take payment until you arrive and refuse to use the card used online at booking.
Order food in the restaurant and they will not allow you to charge to the room (bland, expensive and ‘fresh from the freezer’ food)
Drink in the foyer bar but no, no there you can ONLY charge to the room.
Very poor service throughout the hotelreception/restaurant/bar from very miserable and disengaged employees. Ideal if you like to be made to feel like an inconvenience!
The highlights - I’m only booked to stay here for one night.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Lilly1998,

Thank you for your review but I am slightly surprised by your feedback and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your points.

With regard to booking a room direct with the hotel we offer two different types of rate to our guests. A prepaid rate and a flexible rate. With the prepaid rate we take payment at the time of booking and this is non refundable; with the flexible rate we ask for a credit card to guarantee the room but we do not take payment (or more accurately, a pre-authorisation) until you arrive at the hotel. With this type of reservation we need to take a swipe of the card on arrival for security purposes and in the instance that the guest does not have the card used to guarantee the reservation with them an alternative method of payment will be required.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the food in the restaurant. I will certainly pass your comments to the Head Chef for his attention. Should guests wish to charge to their rooms during their stay they would need to pre-authorise a credit card on arrival for a nominal nightly amount; this would then entitle them to this benefit.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently attended a charity event at the Mecure with an overnight stay.

Room was very spacious, mattress comfortable and all was clean. Lighting was a bit odd one end of too. Was very dark

On checking the room had been cleaned however the previous o occupiers food tray was still outside the door.

Hotel is reasonably priced

Breakfast was very good.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 207NeilM,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night. Private social function. I had checked in on line, so check in was very speedy. Room was huge, very comfortable, clean and well equipped.I had finner a part of the function. Nice food, hot and tasty. Bar prices average, £7.50 for a large glass of rose Used the spa the next morning, one of the nicest ones I had used. Breakfast was help your self buffet. I had to wait a while for some items to be replenished, but good choice.Overall an excellent stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear lindylouTonbridge_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here over on a Sunday evening following an event at the circuit. Bar was busy but not sure if this was people staying just in there after the event.
The main bar closed at about 8:15 & had to use the smaller bar. Not ideal as it took about 15 mins to get served. Only got 1 drink from there as couldn’t be bothered to wait again.
Ordered room service which arrived fairly promptly & had to pay when delivered. Unsure if this is common place here but haven’t had to do this in any other hotel. Normally gets added to the room & pay upon check out.
Room was on the ground floor & faces towards the restaurant so had to have curtains closed as soon as we got into the room.
Doors closing from other rooms until well after midnight which seemed more noisy than other hotels. Also had the ‘pleasure’ of hearing a woman talking so loudly for hours followed by the 2 of them having fun shall we say!! Don’t get me wrong I know rooms can’t be completely sound proof but when it’s 1:30 & still can’t sleep because of the noise made us get up & leave earlier than we may have done if we’d had a decent nights sleep.
Location is fab if you are visiting brands hatch but would probably look for another hotel if I’m the area & not going to the circuit.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lovjm,

Many thanks for your detailed and comprehensive feedback. I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay; please be assured that I will address your feedback with team and re-training will be carried out where necessary to ensure our high standards are being met consistently.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.