All reviews shower room wedding reception an enjoyable stay full english wedding venue town centre four poster bed one night stay bar area chantelle function carvery
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband drove me to a lunchtime meeting at hotel and was going to wait for me in the garden with our toy poodle. Hotel said poodle was not allowed in the garden or anywhere on the premises. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We booked into this hotel as it was near the reception after my daughter's wedding, they were very accommodating as we wanted the bridesmaids to get ready in our room.
Staff were very good, food was good, we had the disabled room and we could use the side entrance.

Room tip: we had the disabled room with walk in shower
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews other people had left...I was dreading my stay. However, the reviews are wrong. Staff are helpful, lovely and friendly. Breakfast was great. Rooms are adequate...clean and warm. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Overnight stay with low expectations due to poor reviews on here. First impressions were: very welcoming hotel with front adorned with fairy lights. We were welcomed by the very friendly Julie on reception who made us feel at home. 6 doors and 4 flights of stairs later we arrived in our room, which was clean, spacious and had everything we needed. We had read the reviews about the restaurant and menu, and again we expected very little. However, our very friendly and polite waiter Piotr (Peter) couldn’t do enough for us and the menu and food were of surprising good quality. (GO FOR THE PIE!!) Maybe others were reviewing the wrong hotel! (Or we don’t expect much, but I doubt that).

Overall, a very pleasant stay with friendly staff, a welcoming environment and what more can you ask for? If we’re down this way in the future we would definitely stay again, no doubts in recommending. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Booked a room for a colleague for tonight, within 5 minutes he called back to advise he would not be able to stay, called Hotels.com who I booked with 8 minutes after making the booking, he called the hotel to request refund, they advised they would not refund the booking even though it had only just been made.
Shocking customer service, my colleagues have stayed here on several occasions but I will never be booking again.

Date of stay: August 2018