“Try something different, you may be surprised ”
Review of Comptoir Libanais

Comptoir Libanais
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We thought we would try something a little different pre flight. The food all looked lovely and we weren’t disappointed with the taste. The service was friendly and helpful given that they were busy with early evening flights. Lamb kofta and mixed grill shared was plenty and very tasty. Subtle spices rather than heat. I’d recommend trying Lebanese even for the less adventurous.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I popped in here, as I had a very delayed flight home. It is tucked away on the top floor of the terminal, which actually makes you feel you are away from the noise and bustle. I just had a halloumi flatbread. It was tasty with a small salad and just what I wanted. Some of the other food looked very tasty, but I just wanted something small. The girl who sat me down could maybe smile and look like she wanted to be there, but my waiter was lovely and very chatty and friendly with all his tables. The decor in here is great and the atmosphere laid back and with the sun streaming through the colourful windows, you could be in a souk. There is one near me at home, so I will definitely go back to investigate more of the menu.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I got in and out in 20 minutes, I know this isn't the way to eat a meal and doesn't do justice to any restaurant, but I hadn't eaten since 7am and had done a a physical day's work. Service was lovely. I sat watching the flight monitor which wasn't relaxing but it would have been less relaxing without it. The food I ate was ok. Lamb kofta platter which included humour some good olive oil and an apology for a salad. The main event was a bit bland. I watched the server put my plate together. He threw the items on the plate. I think I was pushed to the top of the list because I told the server I only had until 17.43. In conclusion this is probably one of the most civilised places to eat in Gatwick North terminal.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Came here without any expectations as this is Gatwick North Terminal after all and with an early morning flight, just wanted a decent breakfast ahead of my 3 hour flight.

The menu describes the Sirine Vegetarian breakfast as 2 Falafels, 2 fried eggs, vine tomatoes, sliced avocados, halloumi cheese, olives and 3 garishly of mint, zaatar and sumac for £9.45.

Firstly to the good parts - the two fried eggs were excellent, service was quick and prompt, plus the restaurant wasn’t crowded when visiting, unlike others on the day.

Now to the bad points. The Falafels were awfully dry and needed a load of brown sauce to moisten, there wasn’t any vine tomatoes but instead had half a normal tomato and a slice of another. The two thin slices of avocado were overripe, hence half was brown, the halloumi cheese was just two very small & thin, rubbery tasteless pieces. The garish has no mint or Zaatar, just Sumac. Very expensive for £9.45.

Ordered a latte which arrived as a small cup of the strongest coffee and just a dash of milk.

Service was very good though and hence one point for that and another for the eggs.

1  Thank Aspen4me
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Dreadful vegetarian breakfast which included the driest falafels I have tasted, a couple of grey strips of avacado, tiny pieces of halloumi and half a large, tasteless tomato - not the "cherry tomatoes" advertised on the menu. The fried eggs were okay. Saved from being a one a star review only by the excellent waitress who told us exactly how long our order would take and delivered accordingly. Otherwise truly awful.