“Disappointed ”

Ranked #160 of 650 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Your friendly local. At the Markeaton we are proud to welcome you to our comfortable surroundings, wholesome and tasty food and above all else, a genuine and friendly place to be. We offer a great selection of ales and are always proud to serve Marston's Pedigree, Brakspear Bitter and Sharp's Doombar. In addition to these we have two constantly changing guest ales which reflect the season and menu on offer. If it's cold outside, we have real open fires to warm yourself up and in the summer we have an extensive garden and patio areas to enjoy every drop of sunshine. There is much, much more once you've stepped inside so feel free to pop-in anytime or even call us if you have any queries. We look forward to seeing you soon! Simon & the team.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here just a couple of time and the first time my salad was really tasty. I also had this salad at the Broadway pub, so I re ordered it yesterday. However was disappointed with the lack of presentation and the fact there was about 2 lettuce leaves in the bowl that was looking very sparse... They avocado was also still whole (I had cut it up before the picture) and the whole dish just looked like it had been thrown together in 20 seconds. I also asked for my bacon to be crispy and the few pieces of bacon that there were definitely weren’t crispy. Also my boyfriends onion rings were burnt and had to be send back. I just feel that I payed nearly 9 pounds for a very disappointing meal. However the bartender was really nice :)

General Manager A, Manager at The Markeaton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

HI Fletcher, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry that on this occassion you didn't enjoy your food, I will pass on your comments to the team to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I do hope you will give us another chance to impress you, and I'm glad you were pleased with the service you recieved at the bar.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I went with two friends at lunchtime, we all had different meals . We all enjoyed our food very much . It was a cool day and we sat near the really welcoming fire . We will definitely be going again .

General Manager A, Manager at The Markeaton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Jane, thanks for leaving us a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your food, I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is typical pub food and nothing wrong with that. It's good value, had quick service, tasty English pub food and a choice of real ales. Would certainly go again.

General Manager A, Manager at The Markeaton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Hi Bill D, thank you for leaving us a review, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your food and the selection of real ales. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Thought we’d try eating here,
Prawn cocktails were terrible.
Chicken chips peas and gravy was the worse food we’d ever eaten.
And we waited 45 mins after the starters were cleared away till they bought the mains.
Don’t think we will return. Sorry.

General Manager A, Manager at The Markeaton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit on this occasion, but I would like to assure you that your concerns will be looked into. I do hope you will give us a try again in the future!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My friend Viv & I should have been heading for some where in Derbyshire for where ever? but as usual my Sat Nav died, so it ended in the bin at Llidle, but we found a cracking pub called the Markeaton, best mistake I made, lovely staff, open fires, great atmosphere, we did not eat, but we are going back for a Sunday Lunch very soon. Barman was great & i met a nice gentle man having his breakfast at the bar who made me laugh and took my driving stupidity stress away. Thank you, we will be back x

General Manager A, Manager at The Markeaton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Josephine m, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad to hear the despite your Sat Nav issues you enjoyed your visit to the Markeaton. I look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully on purpose this time!