All reviews fish the pub beer garden sunday lunch evening meal canal side steak chicken many years food was lovely rev james great night afternoon tea waiting staff warm welcome profiteroles scallops
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Popped in to the pub whilst walking the Beacons way and they were happy for me to come in in my muddy gear. No rooms available but they let me camp. I had a couple of great pints of Brains and a 3 course meal which really hit the spot after a long days walking. Would recommend this pub not only for good food but also the friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Seven Brummies on a walking weekend in Wales, what could go wrong? Only the weather. Shaun and Donna gave us a very warm welcome at their lovely pub, the food is absoutely excellent, Shaun is very passionate about his menu and it shows. I would recommend this pub as a dining destination to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We have been meaning to try this place for a while and eventually did tonight (Sunday night)

The place had a welcoming feel and the service was good..... (apart from being seated and not offered drinks)

The food was lovely and great value..... Plus we have finally found somewhere that serves roast dinners after 4pm on a Sunday

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2018

The best ever. Three pieces of fish in batter cooked to perfection. Very comfortable bar area. Great service. Have also had steak here which was cooked as requested and was succulent. Steak and ale pie another favourite.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

First tip always book for Sunday Roast, I'd hate for anyone to miss out! Have eaten here before when visiting the area and so booked in advance for Sunday lunch with our dogs who are always made welcome.
Well what can I say it was the best Roast I have ever had away from home. I had the Lamb and my husband Turkey. Plenty of delicious meat, roast potatoes crisp on the outside soft and fluffy on the inside. Mashed carrot and swede, some delicious mashed potato and a huge Yorkshire pudding all topped off with a generous covering of gravy. We were then given a large dish of freshly cooked vegetables including peas, carrots, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and baby corn. And of course a jug of extra gravy. Everything was cooked to perfection.
We were given a nice break before we ordered pudding, lemon tart for me and sticky toffee pudding for my husband. Clean plates all round.
Lovely staff lovely place and truly fantastic food, only downside we're here on holiday so can't visit every week!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple