Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
Rosquil House(Kilkenny)
Bridge View B&B(Kilkenny)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan older hotelnight portermedieval cityexcellent locationbed was comfortablefood was lovelypoached eggsbreakfast was includedgreat weekendwithin easy walking distanceone night stayvisit kilkennybar foodhen partycentre of townb bsclubhouse
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as I was attending a wedding in a different location so everywhere was booked out, the club house had rooms available so I booked one, at first impression it was quiet old but I liked it, the staff were nice the location is excellent, it’s affordable, my room was very clean I had no problems here and got a nice nights sleep, the breakfast was very nice the next morning and lots on it too, I would stay here again overall I had a nice stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear gard302
Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you enjoyed the wedding also.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Im just after checking out from a one night stay. Overall I was happy with the price room and breakfast. The staff were excellent ill be returning for more short night stays. It's an ideal spot if your going for a night out on the town as everything's nearby

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank James o

Dear James o

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your night here
and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.Thanks again for the positive review

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The Club House in Kilkenny is centrally located — you could throw a ball and hit the castle — and beautifully appointed, making you feel like you’re living a century ago. Books and crannies everywhere. The bar is delightful, with a small porch overlooking the street. Staff friendly and helpful, and cost affordable. We’ll be back!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Mary Ellen L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Yes I agree we have such a great location for all the great landmarks and tourist attractions in Kilkenny. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed here on a golf outing, unfortunately my stay wasn’t a good one.
First of all the place needs a serious update, it’s like stepping back in time.
Our shower hardly worked and either scold you or give you hyperthermia, the room was clean but yet again the furniture was outdated and worn.
Staff were nice and helpful but that’s as far as the compliments go.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Jays_bond

Thank you for your recent review on your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear the issue with the shower, as we would have done our utmost to find a solution whilst you were here. Thank you for your comment on our helpful and nice staff. We have a lovely team here at The Club House Hotel. Again we take your feedback on board and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

If you want a swish, fancy & new hotel, perhaps this is not the place for you. But my wife & I found this hotel to be very quaint.
Its old Georgian feel is interesting. With a few rickety stairs & dark corners that we found amusing.
Its a very clean hotel. The room we had was excellent. Spacious, bright & very clean. The bed was very comfortable & the shower was lovely.
The staff were very friendly & helpful.
The food was also very good.
Is there a better hotel in Kilkenny?? Of course there probably is. But for our next stay in Kilkenny, we will most likely try to book in here first.
One point...if you definitely need an elevator, you're out of luck. But at least you won't have to hear one going up & down all night like in some places.
Really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
clubkk, Manager at Club House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Roger M,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you both enjoyed your couple of days break with us.

We would be happy to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future, again thank you for you taking your time to share your experience with us.