1,260 results
All reviewsorla kielyhen partiesspanish archcar parkquay streethen nightlatin quarterlovely hoteldeluxe roomreception areacentral locationloved this hotellocation is excellentstayed here for one nightgalway cityfood was lovelyfull irish
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We don't normally give bad reviews, but here goes. On arrival to this hotel we were greeted by hotel renovations, kango hammers and builders with the main reception desk just randomly in the restaurant. We were informed that our room wasn't going to be ready until 2.30pm which was fine. The location of this hotel is great, only a stone's throw from shop street.
On official check in, my husband informed the receptionist that he wanted to pay using cash but she said she still needed a card to pre authorise payment but the payment would not be debited from account..Well it was taking from his account straight away which we were not happy about. We were then informed that the lift was not in use and that the toilet was in a room on the 1st floor. I have a chronic illness so this was very inconvenient. My husband approached the receptionist when he noticed the funds had been debited from his account. She said it would go straight back into his account when reversed. We left it at that until check out 2 days later to be informed that the funds could take a few days to return into our account. So we paid for this very overpriced stay in full with cash and were still down 338euro in our bank account. Our visa debit should not have been pre autorised. If It was a credit card it could have been.
The rooms were nice..very clean.The only negative was that there was no full length mirror. There were 2 fold up beds left in the corridor overnight which didn't look the best.
The breakfast wasn't great, Rashers looked like they had been cooked a while. It's unusual to not see my husband getting breakfast on a night away.
There were fag butts everywhere outside the front seating area in the morning time..Last thing you want to see when you get up. Also weeds in the seating area outside. We didn't eat in the restaurant. The whole atmosphere would put you off having a meal. When booking this hotel, we were not informed of construction works, lift not in use, toilets on the 1st floor, out of the way etc..very overpriced stay and would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Valmcg
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I usually don't leave this but this time I feel we over priced for considering the room size and I have stayed in many a hotel around the world. They need to get proper fitting black out curtains, the sun does rise early in the summer months in Ireland. It doesn't feel like a 4 star hotel in my opinion. Location is great for Galway City.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robireland2018
galwayguests, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay here in The House.

I'm sorry to hear your comments on our pricing and the room size. Unfortunately, as we are a listed building, our room sizes vary in sizes. What we lack in size we endeavor to make up for in service. We do not promote that we have large spacious rooms, however we do promote our individually designed boutique bedrooms. We do have three different types of rooms, with the superior rooms being quite spacious.

Thank you for your comments as regards our location, we are very lucky to be located in the heart of Galway's Latin Quarter.

Warmest regards,
Aislinn

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stayed in this fab hotel in the last 2 days we were attending the conferring of her daughter this is such a fab hotel staff excellent rooms very comfortable sound proof windows comfy beds lovely fluffy towels decor around hotel really colorful hotel is right in the heart of the city well worth a visit

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank hell62
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I don't tend to write reviews but the customer service I received here was so poor it leaves me no option. Under no circumstances should you book this hotel. Do not stay here. Find someplace else. I had to stay here as I was attending a Hen Party on the June Bank Holiday weekend here. I arrived on the Saturday to find out that the room my sister and I had booked and paid for was unavailable. The hotel then went on to charge us for a room they did not provide. Their proposal was to provide us with camp beds in separate rooms belonging to other members of the hen party- in my case it involved sharing with two people I had never met before but were attending the hen. This was incredibly awkward as I did not want to upset the bride to be by walking out, and even then what chance was I going to have on finding another room in Galway at such short notice.
The Hotel indicated they would deduct 20 euro from my bill in circumstances where they charged me for a hotel room they did not provide. They charged me for a room they did not have and I did not stay in.The camp bed in the other room, because it wasn't even an additional bed they put into the room, was very uncomfortable and the entire experience was awful. The worst part was the response of the Hotel. They took no responsibility whatsover for the mistake they had made, showed no regard for the fact that they were asking me to share a room with strangers. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and have had good and bad experiences, but nothing prepared me for the appalling customer service and complete lack or respect shown to me in this hotel. Galway is a lovely city, there are lots of other hotels you can stay in. This hotel simply does not provide basis customer service and you should absolutely not stay here, let alone book a function like a hen party here.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katie D
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Excellent experience, great location to all the pubs, restaurants,and shopping. I just loved my stay in Galway and all of Ireland, it was first time to visit your wonderful country. Thanks to your very knowledgeable staff, it helped make my visit that much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dianeobrien1275