“Good restaurant ”

Price range: US$13 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bar Italia, an authentic Italian Experience. It is Italy...on your doorstep. Stone oven pizza , hand made pasta , chargrilled steak , selected beers and italian wines
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went into the Italia Ristorante twice when I was in Dublin. The place is right by The Halfpenny Bridge on the other side from Temple Barr.

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The food was nice. Will be coming back I expect when I am next in Dublin.

David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

hi Robert3856
we strive to be even better on your next visit
arrivederci a presto

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had big expectations of it reading the reviews here and had reserved a table as a "safe choice" in our trip to Dublin, since we love Italian food.
Everything was ok, the service was fast and polite, but everything we tried was just ok.
Nothing was as good as we hoped and we ended up slightly dissapointed since we have better Italian restaurants back in Athens.

hi Foskolos E
we are sorry we did not meet your expectations, even though i personally think we have ingredients to blow your senses with fresh summer black truffle from Umbria ( especially shipped for us) , fresh courgette flowers, handmade pasta, wholemeal pizza flour and so on... these ingredients are not commonly found in average italian restaurants ...
it would have been great to get an idea of what you have enjoyed so to reply to a more direct detail rather than a general one ... with so many restaurants just next door to us may be you went to a different one than Bar Italia possibly ?
it would also be great if you could send also a list of these famous italian restaurants in Athens so we can take a look at what they do.
please feel free to mail me at info@baritalia.ie
arrivederci e grazie

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved this place.
Starters: Calamari and Brusecetta
Mains: Carbonara / Salmon penne

Calamari was tender and the batter really light and tasty,
Carbonara was a special done as I like, no cream and seved with truffle slices , absolutely gorgeous.
Prices were reasonable for the food,
Great spot on the riverbank
Well worth a visit

hi Helen B
we are delighted with your review
big thank you from all the staff
arrivederci e grazie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch before going to our cruise ship. It was close to our hotel. The food was delicious and the service was great. Good Minestrone soup, pizza and gnocchi.

David I, General Manager at Bar Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

hi debs0712
thank you for taking the time to review our beloved restaurant
we appreciate the feedback
we hope to see you soon again
grazie e arrivederci

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely meal here - bruschetta, croquettes and steak. Finished off with a tiramisu. Excellent service.

hi Shauna c
the entire team is delighted
we look forward seeing you soon again
ciao e grazie