2,421 results
All reviews museum of modern art hydrotherapy pool city centre phoenix park hop on hop guinness storehouse directly across the street excellent hotel excellent stay bar food bus stop family room hotel bar jail taxi patriots ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We are currently staying and half way through our 4 night stay. The hotel location for bus stops, and Kilmainham Gaol is perfect. We booked months ago and are paying a great rate. We bought breakfast one morning for 15 euros. Great value, with lots of delicious choices on the buffet table. Down the street at Limetree is a lovely little cafe, and the cafe in the hotel is good value too. The Patriot Inn across the street is perfect for a quiet pint. Try the Ginger Beard beer. Delicious.

My only item is there is a card, as in most hotels, encouraging me to save water and reduce soap usage by reusing my towels and linens. I have followed the directions and yet my towels have been replaced daily. This annoys me. Lots of hotels do this, not just this one. Please let me reuse my towels and linens!

The room is spotless, as is the whole property. I would happily recommend this proprty and stay here again. Really a great experience with staff and our room. Thank you for letting me vent about my towels being replaced too much.

Room tip: All rooms seem quiet enough. It is not a noisy area.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I stayed here for business, and despite checking in very late thanks to a late flight, the reception staff were superb & got me checked in very quickly. The room was great, the breakfast had something for everyone - even a full gluten free section. I gave 10/10 for my stay - love this place!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel with all facilities that we need. We have been there for 3 nights and enjoyed. Wifi was very good and wellness has everything that we need. Brekfast was very rich with a lots of very nice food for every tast. We will cam back for sure.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I can't rate the hotel as I've never stayed there but i have started heading down to the outside terrace for an evening glass of wine or two this summer. The selection of wines is great and the atmosphere with the outdoor terrace is a little oasis in Kilmainham. Our waitress Lorna in particular makes you feel so welcome and is part of the reason we keep coming back. Everyone needs a local like this with great food, great wine and great staff.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Overall there isn't much to fault about the hotel, excellent breakfast, good facilities and comfortable rooms and reception area. Staff generally helpful and in some cases very helpful and we appreciated the breakfast bags for a long day trip. We liked the location-easy access to bus routes, some tourist attractions nearby and tram route but more of a flavour of real Dublin and a residential neighbourhood nearby. We liked the local pubs with friendly staff. Note that at least three hop on hop off bus tours start outside the hotel.

Airlink Express takes you from Heuston station to airport, the station is about a 15 minute walk or a taxi ride to the hotel.

Thank you to all the staff including Christian for helping make our stay enjoyable and relaxing. Jani-Lee was especially friendly at breakfast.

Only one minor negative was late night noise from the room next to us-we didn't have time to ask this to be addressed but it may have come from the interconnecting door-we were a little suprised too that the rooms were advertised as soundproofed as we could hear some late night traffic from the road and noise from room next to us. We stayed in room 238.

I would stay there again but for a short relaxing stay would have preferred a quieter room without a interconnecting door.

Thanks to Ana for her help with a taxi to the airport.

We would recommend the hotel for a stay near some tourist attractions but also away from the busiest areas of Dublin therefore in a part of the city.

Room tip: Rooms with a view of city or Wicklow mountain are excellent but in turn may bring external noise from bar or roads nearby
  • Trip type: Travelled with family