“Great food, beer and ambiance”

Ryans Bar Parkgate Street
Ranked #151 of 2,811 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Ryan’s of Parkgate Street is an original Victorian public house located near the front gate of the Phoenix Park. Made famous for pouring one of the best pints in Dublin, it’s now also gaining a reputation for it’s popular oyster bar. At Ryan’s you can still see many of its original Victorian features such as gas lamps, whiskey barrels, tea drawers and traditional snugs. The barmen are slightly more recent.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Probably the best Beef and Guinness pie I've ever eaten in a perfect Victorian pub atmosphere a few steps from Heuston station.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I’m a senior (F) and I chose this pub because it’s very close to the Ashling Hotel. It has a very authentic Victorian feel and locals were quick to make room for me at the bar where I was promptly served by a friendly bartender. Beer and my meal were more than adequate pub food. I would recommend this to people that appreciate a very busy, noisy Irish atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My sisters and I recently frequented FX BUCKLEY’S restaurant which is the upstairs part of Ryan’s pub! Mark (the Manager) was rude as soon as we ordered because we apparently did not order enough food! He almost threw us out except that he couldn’t justify it as the restaurant was practically empty! So having ordered a bottle of wine for 26euro, we proceeded to order food! One of my sisters ordered a main course and the other two of us didn’t particularly want steak so we opted for appetizers! Mark demonstrated his disapproval instantly! After the uncomfortable meal, I advised him that i’d Been planning to have a family gathering locally and was thinking if choosing Buckley’s but informed him that I had changed my mind to which he rudely replied “GOOD.” That’s his loss as he not only lost that possible business opportunity but none of us will frequent such an unwelcoming establishment again! PLEASE GO AND GET SOME PROPER CUSTOMER SERVICE TRAINING MARK!!!!!

10  Thank ButterflyViolin
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Friendly staff. We went for dinner and drinks and found good bar food. Good overall character. Close to Heuston Station.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Popped in for a beer and a bar meal. Knew nothing about this bar by reputation but liked the look of it. Nice menu and Morretti on draught. Sat at the bar to eat. Plenty going on. Bar staff very lively with lots of banter flying around. My food was good.