1,363 results
All reviews temple bar handel hotel great location church bells quiet street dublin castle central location hot water triple room reception staff bars and restaurants few minutes walk would definitely stay here again trinity college airport bus apartment oscars
Reviewed 11 December 2015

This was a works night out and I needed a room for just one night. The hotel was exactly what I expected; Clean, Comfortable and most importantly quiet. I had a good room rate but decided to have the breakfast the following day which was only 10 euros and very good quality. I would recommend this hotel and to be honest I would book here again for similar occasions.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I've come to realise recently that the best prices for Hotels/B+Bs are the ones you book at very short notice.
I got the GFH hotel for 99e when it is normally almost double that per night, ,my companion and I were pleased to see our room turned out to be for 3 people and I could not find a fault with the place, immaculate huge bath room, and the main room was also in pristine condition, everything was so new.
The room also had one of the latest tv boxes, free wifi, bottled water and other similar 'luxeries'.
Would highly recommend this place and remember you're right next to Dame st which at the moment is my fav street in Dublin for Pubs and Restaurants ...oh did I mention you[re only 2 mins from Christchurch Cathedral?!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick K, General Manager at Handels Hotel Temple Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Janer P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We really appreciate all of your kind words.

I am thrilled to read your comments regarding your room and found it clean and well maintained. We are currently in the process of refurbishment so your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.

I hope, when searching for future accommodation, you consider us for your next night away or why not consider trying one of our serviced Handel's Apartments.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

The George Frederick Handel has a great location and a great staff. It's only a few blocks from the Temple Bar area but without the noise and crowds. Staff was universally friendly and helpful, whether we needed a cab, directions or extra towels, all were delivered quickly and pleasantly. Rooms were modern, clean and comfortable though not deluxe (by American standards) but had a large bathroom. Having their own restaurant/bar attached was a nice convenience.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Alkan50,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the readers on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you liked our location. We do pride ourselves on being so centrally located, close to all main attractions, nightlife and shopping districts and yet away from all the hustle and bustle of Temple Bar so fortunately, we don't have the noise levels that can sometimes be associated with City Center hotels.

I am glad you liked your room and found our staff to be friendly. Our customer satisfaction is hugely important to us.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2015

I got a last minute room due to a flight cancellation and got a great deal for booking last minute. The hotel was very well maintained and the staff were some of the best ive dealt with over my travels. Very accommodating to every need and offering assistance and advice constantly. The basic double room i had was spacious, and had a large sized bathroom with a bathtub. Havent really got a bad thing to say about it. Affordable accomodation done correctly!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Jaybew,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. We really appreciate all of our guests sharing their feedback with us, your perspective is essential in order for us to maintain or where necessary, improve the service we provide.

I am so pleased to read your lovely comments regarding the staff. Customer service is hugely important to all the team so I am delighted this was reflected during your stay with us.

I hope should you return to Dublin again in the future, we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The George Frederic Handel Hotel. Perhaps you may be interested in one of our sister properties Clifden Guesthouse, Amberley House, Kildare Street Hotel or Dublin Airport Manor.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

My wife and I spent six nights at the George Frederic Handel Hotel, which I would describe as more spartan than luxurious. Our room was cozy, clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and attentive from the moment we arrived to the day we checked out. We showed up in the morning and they offered to store our luggage. Later, they were kind enough to allow us to check into our room at least an hour early. The housekeeper with whom we interacted on a couple of occasions was equally helpful. Though not included, we paid a modest fee for our daily breakfast at an adjoining restaurant which offered everything from croissants and muffins to a full Irish breakfast. The view from tables set along the window overlooking the street made for a pleasant, unhurried morning experience. There is an adjoining bar which opens in the evening. We sometime dropped by for a nightcap. We enjoyed our stay at the George Frederic Handel Hotel so much that we are already planning a return visit next year.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick K, General Manager at Handels Hotel Temple Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

Dear Ernesto P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, we really appreciate all of your kind words and I will pass them on to the rest of the team as well.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us again in the future or perhaps you might like to try one of our sister properties Clifden House, Amberley House, Kildare Street Hotel and Dublin Airport Manor.

The Keycollection