“How can this possibly be the best restaurant in Dublin?”
Review of Bloom Brasserie

Bloom Brasserie
Ranked #4 of 2,864 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bloom Brasserie & Wine Bar is owner-operated by two young Dublin brothers who are fully committed to delivering a fantastic dining experience for all their guests. Pol, at the helm in the kitchen, with over 15 years of experience, both nationally and internationally believes in creating the finest of dishes using locally sourced ingredients and preparing them simply. Paraic and his team will greet you on your arrival at Bloom and his unique, sincere style of service will leave you with a strong desire to return. Bloom Brasserie & Wine Bar is a modern, fresh, tastefully designed restaurant on Dublin's Baggot Street - right on the border of the very trendy (and desirable) Dublin 4 district and the Central Business District of Dublin 2 seconds from the Grand Canal bridge. Bloom caters for those looking for high quality food and wine in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Bloom Brasserie, 11 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin 4
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Service here was very good and our waiter was very nice and helpful. The food on the other hand is deplorable. I ordered a steak that had so much pink peppercorn on it that it was absolutely inedible. After eating several bites I had to leave and go buy antacids at the store across the street to address the the extreme heartburn those bites caused. Upon my return I was told that “American tastes are just different than Irish tastes” with respect to the amount of peppercorn used and that I was simply wrong. Absolutely insulting - I’ve had dishes with pink peppercorn all over the world, including other restaurants in Dublin, and I wouldn’t have fed this steak to a dog it was so inedible.

My mother and sister both ordered the salmon which was served raw despite their request to have it cooked well done. They did remake their order but it was served approximately 40 minutes after the abomination of a steak.

I won’t even comment on how loud it was in here as that was outside their control.

Apparently this place feels their food isn’t made for Americans, so I recommend dining elsewhere per their recommendation if you are American, especially when 3 horrible dishes runs 120 Euro.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We had flown in that morning and I had booked an early dinner here at Bloom. We were the first people in and were treated wonderfully by our waiter. We noticed an older guy standing across the isle and were informed it was Eddie and he would be playing jazz later. I wasn’t in the mood for that and was trying to move through dinner quick. The food was so good I slowed down and soon was enjoying tasteful jazz on the sax and clarinet. The entire experience was grand.

1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We went here for dinner. It is out of the tourist area, but worth the trip. The cocktails were delicious, the food was yummy, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere is intimate. Not terribly "Irish" in terms of decor or ambiance, but still good dining.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Lovely place, service and staff.
Every detail was done with perfection.
Absolutely will go there next time in Dublin!

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We happened upon Bloom by chance, as it was around the corner from our hotel. We got very lucky to get a table and enjoyed the best meal we had in Ireland coupled with some of the best restaurant service I’ve ever had across the world. The owner or manager (apologies, didn’t get the name) was our server and was always aware of our table, what we might want/need, and offered outstanding recommendations.

The lamb was absolutely incredible and the steak was not far behind it! The sides were fantastic. The creme brûlée was absolutely delicious.

Throughout the meal, I was continually blown away by the level of service and commitment to providing a great experience. All members of the staff were incredibly friendly and gave recommendations on places to see throughout the country and other places to try.

Cannot thank them enough for such a wonderful evening and dinner. I wish TripAdvisor allowed for a better rating than this!