“Friendly Staff, Awful Prices”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
BBs Coffee & Muffins
Ranked #195 of 210 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place isnt bad. The staff are nice although the awkwardness is evident when they are forced to upsell and it is obviously because the owner is standing right beside the,. Apart from that great service. I always find tables that are dirty in here, even in quiet periods.
The one thing that gets me are the prices. I know it is a franchise but it does not take away from the fact that the prices here are very high and not worth it, especially for any of the pre packed savories.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Is an OK cafe to stop and have a breather from shopping. Have been here a few times at different times of the day which also depends on the level of service and cleanliness of the place. At busy times, the tables are not cleared promptly and the floor can be very littered. There is definitely a shortage of staff at peak times which needs to be managed correctly.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I have visited here a few times and have enjoyed their coffee and lovely muffins.
Today however was a shock, I had friends staying and knew they would love the muffins so as it was Sunday I checked website to see opening time which said 10 am so off we went to find shop closed there were staff inside so I got a girls attention who said 10.30, not too bad we could have a look around so we came back at 10.40 , three staff now putting out seats and chatting and smoking definitely not interested in making eye contact as they obviously remembered me from earlier, so my friend asks them again what time they open now it's SOON. Eventually at 10.47 we get in glass case at counter filthy as is sink behind counter. We are served by Kate who is reasonably friendly and when I ask what muffins she has she turns to her colleague who rolls her eyes and says chocolate or toffee as if we had a cheek to look for muffins. We took some and got our coffee and sat down but I won't be back ever and while a nice girl who was pregnant and working so hard she made up for other two did try to explain they had problem with ovens it was too late , my friends already thought I was crazy to recommend it.

1  Thank Alro01
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I know that the BBs cafes are all independent franchises but they are not all the same by any means. Carrickmines stands out as a shining example of how one of these franchises should be run. The muffins are baked to perfection, the cafe is bright, welcoming and clean and above all the staff led by manager Cora are cheerful and accommodating. Cora herself is one of the most hands on managers I have ever encountered in such an establishment.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Rubbish on many tables and despite it not being busy, staff were in no hurry to get out and clean the tables. The floor was dirty and the door into the kitchen had a pane of glass with heavy smears on it. When it opened it revealed papers from another establishment strewn on the floor along with other rubbish. Uncared for and and unloved and the lack of interest/motivation from the staff was striking. When challenged, we were told the the manager was on holidays and they were short staffed. This from the staff member having a cigarette outside the door, seated at a table with uncollected cups and rubbish, it said it all.

1  Thank Oscarslave