1,250 results
All reviews military hill hill overlooking the city night porter steep hill city centre lovely hotel bridal suite hotel restaurant full irish function room large room stayed here for one night from start to finish top class cookhouse receptionist wedding
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a package 2 weekends ago
We had 2 nights B+B and one evening meal
Food was good, they make great cocktails
The views from the hotel are fabulous as it’s set on a hill overlooking the city.
The staff here are great, so helpful and nothing is too much bother for them.
Hope to stay here again in the future.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Disaster of a place tried twice same shocking service each time ! It's like faulty towers. Worst service I have ever experienced. Never once asked was everything ok as They knew it wasn't. Absolute waste of money

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
EDaly2397, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear lea071,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately I am unable to respond in any way as from your review I have absolutely no idea what your problems were,what department of the hotel you had issues with or with whom (what team member) may have upset you so grievously.

It goes without saying that for someone to leave the hotel so unhappy with their experience we would be very disappointed as a group and would like an opportunity to investigate and ascertain where we could have let ourselves down,if we did,in any way.

If you would like to directly relay to me the issues you encountered please do not hesitate to contact me at edaly@ambassadorhotel.ie or alternatively at 021-4539000.

Assuring you of my most personal & professional attention at all times,

Yours Sincerely,

Eoin Daly.
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter brought me here as my birthday gift on my birthday 21st Sept. We arrived there was no parking had to park on hill outside my car was interfered with the alarm went off all night. Asked the waitress for menus 20mins later after she passed us at least 6times still no menu. We had to ask a senior staff menu. The food was amazing. During our drinks the hotel had a total blackout we were told our rooms were not able to open so we sat in the dark with a drink an hour n half later we found out our room door was working. We went to our room no showers no electricity after approx 3hours it returned still no showers the following morning again no showers received no compensation no part refund nothing my daughter was devastated we are discussed with the treatment and emailed management of course got no reply non deserving of 4stars.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Fayefia,

It is with regret and a small bit of amazement that I read your recent review concerning a stay you had with us on 21st of September last..

I know for the benefit of a good story,sometimes embellishment is necessary but when writing a review I feel facts and not exaggeration are the best policy.

I will endeavour to answer your points best I can but I feel it only fair to defend the hotel and its people who work here.

Firstly with regards to the power outage it was caused by a set of works being completed in the city centre by a private contractor who inadvertently cut a power line causing a large section of the suburbs we are located in to be out of power for as you correctly stated just over 3 and a half hours.The hotel had no hand,part or any control over this.

The showers obviously because as the hotel's heating system and hot water systems are powered by electricity were down for this period and for an hour approximately afterwards as the system had to be given time to heat back up again.

Why you claim you had no hot water the morning after I dont know, but I am not dismissing this point as the hotels systems was down for a period of time and it is possible that your own individual room had a separate issue but it was not related to the blackout.However if it was an issue,if reported I assure you it would have been dealt with immediately.

Car parking.On the night in question (a Friday evening) The hotel had two functions and a full house so parking was limited.
Again painting a picture where you make an assertion that your car was interfered with as a result of the hotels bad service is debatable as I have a couple of reasons for saying so.
First of all I was present in the hotel that night (morning) until 3am and there was no car alarms going off inside or on the hill outside the hotel as my own car was parked on the hill and when leaving there was no alarms sounding.
The alleged interference could well possible have happened after this or could be quite possible wasn't interfered with at all.

Gaining entry to your room.The Front Desk staff and management are trained in the protocol and procedures when we lose power in this hotel,not because of a regularity of power cuts (This was the only one we encountered in my 4 years here) but because of Fire Safety we need to know what is the correct action to do in the case of a fire and we lose power supply.
Because of this very fact the locks on the doors are not powered by electricity but by long life battery so if we need to gain access to a locked room in an emergency situation we can do so with no issues.
Maybe it was a presumption by yourselves just because the power was gone you could not gain entry but it certainly wasn't as a result of a directive from the team here.

I am somewhat relieved you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant but to state you had to ask six times for menus is a bit unfair when the Cookhouse concept which is the restaurant we operate in the hotel,the menus are placed on the tables as a table-mat when you sit down.The menu would have been there when you sat at the table.so to say you had to ask and wait 20 minutes for menus ...I dont know how?

Overall Fayefia,
I am genuinely disappointed you did not enjoy your stay and I apologise for any way you feel the hotel may have contributed to this.
If you would like to discuss this matter any further I am available at your convenience at 021-4539000 or alternatively on email at edaly@ambassadorhotel.ie.

Yours Sincerely,

Eoin Daly.
General Manager.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Worked out okay for me because I decided to take a taxi from the train station but definitely not walkable particularly not with luggage.

Hotel was very nice, front desk people very helpful. Restaurant was fine for both breakfast and dinner. Getting to/from my room was a little convoluted, I guess it was built at different times and floor numbers don’t match up.

Comfortable room, good black out drapes, huge bathroom.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2018

The Ambassador is located in one of the hipper parts of the city close to St Lukes and Gardner hill area. Check out Henchys bar for a drink. The hotel itself is quiet modern and old has an world charm at the same time, it also offers lots of resident parking and is close to one of the main bus routes the 208 from the city centre. The rooms are a little generic but comfortable and if you get one at the front the views of the city are incredible.

Room Tip: request a city facing room for the view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple