1,811 results
All reviews mood lighting tom tobin leisure centre bar bistro douglas village kids club wedding reception reception area cork city lovely hotel function room family break reception staff great night top class family room last weekend
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

while staying at this hotel last weekend for a wedding, I found the Reception staff and manager very unhelpful and rude.
The wedding was an out of town wedding, as in 100% of guests attending the wedding were staying at the hotel.
most guests had rang a few days previous to make sure they had early check in,due to getting ready for wedding. I myself rang and was assured that my room would be available by 13.00.
How wrong were we, the bridal party arrived on the friday evening and first of all one of the party were told that they hadn't booked for the friday night and that the hotel couldn't accommadate her and her baby, she ended up in tears. she eventually booked a room through booking.com. Then the staff informed the bridal party that no rooms would be available for their guest till 3pm the following day and that guests would not be able to check in till after the wedding ceremony. And to add to more insult, they informed them to tell their guests that they could change in the swimming pool changing rooms.
this showed total disrespect to the couple who were getting married as they spent the morning of their wedding making sure their guests had someplace to change other than a swimming pool dressing room, This was totally unfair to the couple, they should not have had to have been worried about this on what was their special day.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ursula G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic time here and the staff very friendly and accommodating at check in. The room was extremely comfortable and very nice. Food was ordered and arrived in a timely manner to the room and the food was fantastic. Well worth a visit when in Cork

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Tom T, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time on posting a review of your most recent stay at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

I am delighted to read your feedback of the hotel.

I will pass on your compliments to the Chef. We do hope to see you back again at the Rochestown Park soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On 6 separate occasions, I have rang at least 48 hours in advance to book a table at Suttons Bar and Bistro. Each time I was told the reservation has been made and will be written into the reservation book, yet each time I've gone to restaurant, there's no sign of my reservation. I cannot understand what the breach in communication is that this keeps happening. It's so frustrating. I would encourage the managers to either train their staff better or devise a simpler system for taking reservations since writing a name in a book seems such a difficult task.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LRy48

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time on posting a review on the Rochestown Park Hotel.

I am very disappointed on reading your review the lack of communication with restaurant bookings.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the staff. This matter will be investigated further.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We’re here currently and a bit disappointed so far. I had been really looking forward to coming here, I got a present of a two night stay. The room we are in is nice, spacious and very clean and the bathroom is really lovely. We have found the service very poor though which has put me off. I had a ten minute wait to check in as there was only one receptionist on duty. Another one eventually arrived and was totally disinterested and off hand with me. No apology for the long wait. We went out for a while and when we came back the bar was full so there was nowhere to sit to eat. The other bar was having a private function and we couldn’t eat there (that bar man was the only friendly member of staff we have met). We weren’t allowed eat in reception (same receptionist, unhelpful again and busy with her computer, actually all of the staff seemed to hand other things to do than look after their customers! We were ordering chips from room service and were told there was a €7.50 tray charge for a €3.50 portion of chips! Seriously?!! So we are here tonight and tomorrow night but I wouldn’t have high hopes at all so far. Have stayed in the Maryborough before which is streets ahead when it comes to service. Just disappointing.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

From reading your review I will pass on the comments you have made to the relevant head of departments about customer service training & would like to apologise for the inconvenience you had during your stay.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

It was a very expensive B&B rate for a 3 star hotel.
The TV in the room had less than 10 channels.
The water was own label supermarket.The breakfast was awful it was similar to a Travel lodge with little or no choice apart from fried food.I had to clean my own table in order to sit down.So there is plenty of other options in Cork at better Quality and price.Disapointed.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear you did not have a pleasant stay at the hotel.

I will certainly take your feedback on board and pass this on to the relevant departments.