“Wonderful tour of Skye!”
Review of Skyeness Tours

Skyeness Tours
Ranked #23 of 41 Tours in Isle of Skye
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: 1 Day and Private Tours of the Isle of Skye. Also departing from Edinburgh & Glasgow take Scotland’s most stunning road trip and explore the dramatic landscape and breathtaking scenery of Loch Ness, the Highlands and the Isle of Skye. Our experienced driver/guides were brought up on the Isle of Skye and still live on the Island, so let their unrivalled knowledge and passion for their island take you on an unforgettable journey that you will never forget and will share tales and photos of for years to come. See it, Do it, Love it with Skyeness Tours. Local Skye Tour Guides.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mark of Skyeness Tours did an excellent job of showing us the beauty of Skye and appreciating its deep history! He is so knowledgeable and knows the best hidden spots for breathtaking views! His laid-back approach put us at ease, as he was more concerned with us enjoying our time than sticking to any schedule. We also had plenty of free time in the evenings which we really appreciated. With so many outsiders starting tour companies in Scotland, I was more than happy to support a local tour company run by someone who grew up in this beautiful land. It made all the difference! Also, given the lack of cell service in many parts of Skye, trying to tour the island alone using gps would have been impossible. Instead, Mark navigated the winding roads with ease, ensuring we got to see every part of Skye! Thank you, Mark!

All reviews
"guide mark"
in 3 reviews
"loch ness"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"private tour"
"company"
"knowledge"
"highlands"

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Met a group of old colleges friends in Portree for weekend and we decided to hire Skyeness tours for a day trip as our time was limited to the weekend and we really wanted to experience the environs of Skye. It was perfect. We were all tired from our travel the night before but were "chauffeured" by the lovely Mark to the best beauty spots around Portree. We stopped for lunch in an amazing cafe he knew about and the day was a lovely way for old friends to catch up, reminisce and take amazing shots with draw dropping backgrounds. highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful trip with family run Skyeness Tours. Spectacular scenery and Norah and Mark did everything to ensure that our first trip to Skye will certainly not be our last!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Mark was an incredible tour guide. His love and passion for the Isle of Skye(and he is a local from Skye) shone brightly through all the places we visited. He agreed to give me as a solo visitor to Skye a half day tour. I specifically wanted to see the Fairy Pools, and we did plus much more. I felt I was touring with a trusted friend. Mark took pics of me, helped me across slippery rocks at the Fairy Pools, and even surprised me with a visit to a single Standing Stone (I had shared with him how I loved Stone Circle and Standing Stones of Scotland!). I was most impressed with Mark's knowledge, variety of places visited, and his love of this area . I totally recommend any tour by this company and Mark!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2017

As a lone traveller there are many inconveniences for me, but Skyeness made my day-trip a great experience. First I was slow to confirm, so the group tours filled up, but instead of refusing me right away, Skyeness offered me a private tour (by myself!) for a very good price. The tour was an absolutely amazing experience. The tour guide Mark led me to great viewpoints to the Old Man of Storr, the Quiraing and the Fairy Glens. We actually climbed up to see the best sceneries. Definitely recommend to book with Skyeness!

1  Thank Xiaoke J