“Fascinating interior”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Reviewed 16 October 2019

The last time I was in here was 5th March 2004 the evening before I was married in Glasgow Green and it hasn't changed much at all which is good because it has such a quirky interior, different levels, staircases, a few bars and a tree growing in the middle of it. It also has a pipe organ in the middle floor I think it is and stainless steel buckets as urinals.

Well worth a visit !

Date of visit: October 2019
WOCG_Manager_on_Duty, Manager at Waxy O'Connor's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Hi Dennis,

Duty Manager

Write a reviewReviews (911)

Reviewed 16 October 2019

A quirky wee pub covering multiple levels and heaps of nooks and crannies to suit all ages. Lots of bars at each level. Good selection of beers, ciders and spirits but quite pricey. We got there early for a Rugby game on one of many screens and had breakfast as well. Breakfast just average and its certainly not an Irish breakfast as advertised and for £10 a head could have been better. I did however clock some of the other food at lunch and it looked lovely. We had the pleasure of a foreign gentleman parking himself at our table who was off his face but eagle eyed barman had him out quickly. Would I go again? Yes its a decent bar centrally located, good for sporting events and food was passable.

Hi swsimpson,

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

Had a trip into Glasgow to pick up some Christmas Presents and see the Joker movie. With almost an hour until my last train and some cash left burning a hole in my pocket I figured I would stop in here for a quick pint before heading home. Sadly, the over eager informed me that they do not allow shopping bags on the property. Ended up taking my business to another bar, who had no problem with a couple of shopping bags. If you're planning on doing a bit of shopping in Glasgow, this is not the bar for you. Choose somewhere else.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review

I’m sorry to hear your experience at Waxy O’Connors was not to the standard we would like.

Your points will be addressed with some priority, and I hope you give us another chance sometime in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2019

Not welcome in this pub as face did not fit. All the way from Stornoway not a great experience. Mod in Glasgow hopefully never again

Hello Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Booked for a seniors birthday party with family and friends arriving at different times.The Room we booked from 4pm on a Saturday was freshly cleaned and laid our suitably for the numbers expected. Buffet selection was plentiful,delicious and a perfect variety.Staff were on hand when needed providing a excellent service without interruption to our guests.

Date of visit: October 2019
WOCG_Manager_on_Duty, Manager at Waxy O'Connor's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2019

Hi annslie,