“Just okay”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was really looking forward to coming here, based on the reviews I’d read, but it was just a bit so-so. The building is beautiful and they’ve gone for an old world style, which was a lovely throw-back to times I remember with my grand parents when I was a kid. But, the food was nothing special. Hubby had the Kullen Skink to start, with ultra thick bread. It went down well. He then had fish & chips (okay he said) & I had steak pie. It was average. Service was excellent from all waiting staff but I wouldn’t bother going back for food. Think it’d be good for a drink when they have live music at weekends as there was a good atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful little pub with great service, food and range of drinks. Good music and wonderful atmosphere. There is a tea room upstairs, some great architecture, quirky corners and a nice cosy dining room off the bar in the basement. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went here with my dog in May 2018. As we had a dog with us, we were asked to sit in the bar area or outside. As soon as we sat we were greeted with complimentary water and a water bowl for the dog.

DOG: she received a private water bowl, as well as many pets and compliments from both staff and customers

GLUTEN FREE: the staff seemed to know what coeliac disease was and they were off to check ingredients at the slightest hint of a question. They knew off the top of their head what could be adjusted to gluten free (except for the very very new products)

STAFF: very kind and professional staff

FOOD: fantastic, my friend enjoyed the burger, and I loved the sweet potato fries and fritatta. The fritatta was a substantial meal. Numerous gluten free and vegetarian options.

ATMOSPHERE: lovely

Would reccomend. Am planning to return there very soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The tables are quite cramped and close together but not too badly. My wife's starter was big enough to be a main course. When the main course itself arrived it was pretty cold. When we said this it was replaced without question and was also taken off the bill without question and with profuse apologies. I would say the food is good but not special - but the service is excellent. A great place to eat if you are hungry - you won't be when you leave!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The food wasn't really anything special, but the service and ambiance were. The menu is fun and cheeky and the servers are warm and friendly.My husband wanted a smoky whiskey and the server brought him just the thing, including the bottle, so hubby would know what to look for.

By the time we left, the place was filling up, so clearly this is a popular place and I can see wjy. The prices were very reasonable too!