“Delicious”

Pizza Express
Ranked #1,501 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A sociable pizzeria, serving lovingly handcrafted, delicious Italian pizza and more… Since we began, our pizzaiolos have been pioneers in crafting your favourite pizza with passion and pride at our restaurants. We believe in great food and good times. It's been the same since 1965.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pizza express never fails to disappoint and this venue was the same. It is set in a converted church which was a nice, open atmosphere to enjoy a meal. I had dough balls for starter, Margherita pizza for main and the brownie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. All very delicious and the wine was very good too! Staff were very nice and service wasn’t slow either which is always good! Will definitely be back here again! Grazie!!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (175)

Reviewed 1 August 2021

If you've read any of my other reviews, you'll know I bash chain restaurants (I really don't like Zizzis) and have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world (Osteria Francescana, Noma, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, etc..). BUT we love Pizza Express. It is a bit pricey BUT it works EVERY TIME for the whole family, including with the grand parents. The buildings are usually nice and this one in Morningside is great, the staff are always good at all locations. No surprises, everyone is happy and the food is just what you expect. Yes you can get better pizza, more adventurous flavours, cheaper prices, etc... BUT who does dough balls that are this addictive. 5/5 reliability.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

This restaurant is in a converted church which I always find sad but they have done a beautiful job of converting it and the high ceiling gives a nice atmosphere. The waiter was friendly and helpful and the service was quick. The food was delicious, a very enjoyable visit.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant for years and I cannot fault it, with all that’s been going on they have truly surpassed their high standard and for me have set the bar very high on their customer care and protection of not only customers but staff.
This has been my first meal out since restrictions have been relaxed and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hygiene care was excellent and if you have any worries about eating out in the current climate here is the place to go...
I arrived without booking (advise you book to avoid disappointment tho) and was given the new codes of conduct within the restaurant, all staff were professional as usual, and the cleaning of areas once customers had left was plain to see. Everything had been thought through, even the main door to the ladies was open to limit you touching things. Can’t comment on the men’s toilet !!
In short
I FELT SAFE
I FELT VALUED
I WASNT RUSHED, I could say the food came very quickly but that didn’t make me feel rushed. Food arriving on your table can only be a good thing right?
QUALITY, AS ALWAYS, WAS FANTASTIC

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 29 August 2020 via mobile

Pizza Express wherever you are is a safe family choice, and so it proved in this branch. The food was decent quality as always, we really enjoyed the actual meal. The Spicy Romano pizza was great, as was the Tiramisu. Staff were friendly and efficient. If your in the terrified about Covid camp you will love it - masks on, intensive 5 minute drill of all the new rules, distancing, bubbles, which tables are out of action, what staff will and won’t do, what the latest nonsensical government rules are about who you can / can’t eat out with, how you pay etc. You’ll feel reassured sitting 30ft apart from everyone, watching the staff wash their hands every 30 seconds and sterilising everything to within an inch of its life. Consequently it doesn’t feel particularly atmospheric, very functional with an oddly clinical feel despite the best efforts of the staff. If you want to sit in the most Covid free building in Edinburgh that probably doesn’t really matter. If you want to feel a bit more relaxed I would go to an independent. We will no doubt return after the pandemic.

Date of visit: August 2020