“DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY”
Review of Auld Reekie Tours

Auld Reekie Tours
Ranked #97 of 249 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Auld Reekie Tours are a 4 star visitor attraction located in the centre of Edinburgh's old town, and are open all all year round.We offer a range of both historical and ghost tours both above and below ground, with an option of multi-lingual guides when requested, children tours and a tour and dine partnership with one of Scotland's most haunted pub, the Banshee Labyrinth. Our sister company - Paranormal Investigations Scotoland offers overnight ghost hunts in our most hanted location - Niddry Wynd Vaults.
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by our guide Ewan who introduced himself. He was our guide for the graveyard and vaults tour and took the group to grey friars graveyard. After a wee bit of research about a story he told us about two children breaking into the cript and playing football with the skull of Mckenzie then getting taken home by police, then escaping there parents and making there way to each other and getting killed in separate road traffic accidents. Only half the story was true in which after reading the correct story I would of thought it would of been far better telling the truth and more educational rather than blowing smoke up the back sides of paying customers. Also a bit of research into another story he told in the vaults about a man on his tour stepping into the circle of stones in one of the vaults going into cardiac arrest and dying. I couldn't find any articles relating to this and I would of thought something would of shown up in my searches. It's a real shame as this throws an uncertain credibility on anything he has told us. Also if I had my children on a tour like this I would not be overly impressed with the swearing and talking about how he's a homosexual and drag queen an flirting with guys on the tour who you could tell were very uncomfortable but don't get me wrong some of his crack was good. Overall very disappointed and would not recommend this to anyone. That's good money just wasted. It's beyond me how the city council allow a company like this to rip off paying tourists.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)
All reviews
"wiccan"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Tour wasn't that scary, interesting stories but the highlight was the guide I didn't catch his name but he's a sassy gay guy and possibly the funniest man in Edinburgh well worth visiting again just to hear him crack jokes

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile