Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
HIExpress.comUS$72
Agoda.comUS$72
Hotels.comUS$72
ExpediaUS$72
Trip.comUS$72
TripadvisorUS$72
1,839 results
All reviews ocean terminal the royal yacht britannia city centre bus stop right outside the hotel free wifi the sofa bed the breakfast area budget hotel buffet breakfast yogurt short stay stayed here for nights would stay again family room buses inns hairdryer
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2022

My sister and I spent 5 nights in this hotel in July. During our visit the room wasn’t cleaned properly. Beds not made up, no replenishing of tea bags, toilet rolls and towels. We complained twice, first time our complaint was ignored.
The second time Jaimie apologised and brought tea bags, towels and toilet rolls to our room. This was at 10.30pm. We had just returned after a day out to find these hadn’t been replenished.
At breakfast, at 9.45, no bananas, yoghurt or muesli. On two mornings I had to ask for a plate as there was none left. A girl cleaning the tables had long hair, not tied back which streeled over the table while she was cleaning it.
Due to the Open golf being on that week in St Andrews, our bill for 5 days was £1260. At that price we expected a better experience. Mary M

Room tip: Third floor room was quiet
Reviewed 27 July 2022 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and two small children, the room was extremely clean and modern

Breakfast had plenty options to cater for my fussy kids and Joanna helped us find activities to keep them entertained.

After checkout we could leave our bags for free in the luggage room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2022

Stayed for work and had to have my dog with me, no problem here, on arrival was given a welcome pack including a ball, treats and poo bags from Tammy, nice touch for dog lovers like myself. Breakfast was free, saved me finding a local cafe with reasonable prices.. although it was slightly busy, staff were pleasant, helpful and trying their best to keep on top of replenishing the tasty bacon and sausages. Free wifi was also available and I needed something printed off which Jamie was able to do without any issue. Will definitely return if I'm working in the area again. Fantastic experience from someone used to hotels as a way of life. Well done Team Waterfront

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2022

Had a slight issue as arrived at the city centre hotel but wrong one - if you want a hotel in city then don't pick this one. Not too far away, 10 mins in Uber.

Standard room as you'd expect in an express, maybe a bit more room with a small sofa. Breakfast was ok and not too busy which was nice.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2022

Hi christopherlU7356DW,

Thank you for your coming to visit us. Here at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Leith Waterfront, we provide a quality stay in an environment of peace where you can enjoy the simplicity of travel.

I received your evaluation of our service and am sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. I understand your disappointment about these matters. I handed out your comments to our local area managers to get evaluated. We took action to improve our services and offers.

I invite you to visit us on your next travel adventure so you can experience our new offers.

Great wishes,

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 July 2022

We had the best stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ocean Terminal. Scott was amazing and provided the best customer service! We were also big fans of George who made us great drinks when we got back in the evening. The location was perfect, especially because we had a car. All the staff couldn’t do enough to help, our hotel room and breakfast was also great, will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bethanyh663
Izaskun Olarreaga, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2022

Wow! What a wonderful review. Thanks, bethanyh663! We're happy to know you had a lovely stay at our hotel. The team will be happy to know their service was worth mentioning. It's lovely to see our handy location was a highlight of your trip. We hope your next stay is just around the corner! Take care, Izaskun