“Steak undercooked and when sent back to be done more, was returned basically the exact same.”
Review of Gaucho Edinburgh

Get food delivered
Ranked #262 of 2,418 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$35 - US$140
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: A short walk from Waverley station, just off St. Andrew Square, Gaucho Edinburgh is proudly our first Scottish restaurant serving Argentina’s best free-to-roam, grass-fed Aberdeen Angus beef, big Latin flavours alongside a premium wine list. As you walk through the door of this contemporary, glass building you’ll be welcomed by sophisticated interiors, with textures and tones inspired by Argentina’s forests. Enjoy a drink in our cocktail bar or descend into our dining room for a relaxed working lunch or to entertain in our stunning private wine room. At the weekends, get a dose of social vitamins with our DJ hosted brunches and legendary Sundays roasts.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really lovely staff and service was impeccable - good recommendations for wines and menu options. However, when steak was presented immediately knew it was far too rare so sent back for extra cooking (has asked for medium rare). This was acceptable as it happens but what was the most disappointing was the fact when it was returned it was basically the exact same. For the price we paid, this was extremely disappointing. A real shame as everything else was bang on . Really recommend the scallops.

Date of visit: May 2021
GauchoEdinburgh, General Manager at Gaucho Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi hanam954,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. It's great to hear that the service you received was impeccable and that you were given plenty of recommendations to personalise your experience with us! However, it is s shame that the cooking of your steak let down the experience. I will pass your comments on to our team to be addressed further and I hope we can welcome you back again soon to demonstrate our usual high standards.

Restaurant Director

Write a reviewReviews (493)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was our second time in the restaurant and as before the only thing that lets the meal down is the frys/chips they are skinny tasteless things even Macdonald's Fry's are better.
The steak however was very good.
Nice friendly staff and a nice vibe.
Just to point out that they add automatically a 10 % service charge to your bill.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank plsdeluno

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your steak and that our staff made sure you were well looked after. However it is a shame to hear you didn't enjoy our hand cut chips. I will pass your comments onto the kitchen to be addressed. The 10% service charge is completely optional and we are always more than happy to remove this if a guests asks us to do so. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely ambience inside.Friendly and attentive staff. The food is really tasty We had steaks which come with chips. But food is overpriced Rump steaks start around 25 pounds and sides are then 5 pounds each

Date of visit: April 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and were so well looked looked after by our team! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I recently visited Gaucho foe lunch with my wife and was blown away by the high standards set by the manager.

The service from entry to departure was first class, the food was top drawer - exactly to the specifications we asked for.

The staff were super friendly and the everything was perfectly laid which isn’t easy considering the restrictions set by the government.

We’ll definitely be back!!

Date of visit: April 2021
GauchoEdinburgh, General Manager at Gaucho Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi AllYearTraveller,

Thanks so much for the 5 star review! I'm delighted to hear that you and your wife had such a great experience at Gaucho, Edinburgh and that everything was first class from start to finish! I will be sure to pass your lovely comments onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Reviewed 23 November 2020

I have ordered from Gaucho on numerous occasions and always been happy with the food but tonight I feel that giving 1-star is way too high.

I placed an order through Deliveroo. My order was given to the wrong driver for delivery. Deliveroo called me, apologised and asked if they could re-order for me and it would take another 20 minutes. I agreed to the re-order. After 30-minutes, there was still no food. Now I’ve been waiting for 1-hour altogether. I call again and I’m told the food is on its way. 20-minutes later, the food finally arrives. I open it and it’s freezing cold. I call again. I’m told that Gaucho wouldn’t send out a fresh order so the “re-order” I agreed to originally was ignored. The food I had was tracked down to the other driver and passed along to me. It was 1-hour and 20-minutes old. I requested fresh food because that is what I paid for - especially in these times with Covid - Gaucho refused. I was offered 50% of my money back. I insisted on a 100% refund. I stated that I wouldn’t sit in their restaurant and be happy to receive stone-cold food after waiting for 1-hour and 20-minutes for it, after it had gone to someone else first and then still pay the bill, so why do they think I should be happy with that service because it is a delivery. I expected much more from them. I’m appalled and disappointed with their service and lack of respect for their customer. I got the 100% refund in the end but I had to fight for it. Shame on you Gaucho!!

Date of visit: November 2020
GauchoEdinburgh, General Manager at Gaucho Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2020

Hi Avatar T,

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your feedback.

As discussed on the phone there was issues with the Deliveroo drivers this night and I completely understand your frustration. Rest assured that the way Deliveroo dealt with this was not done so on our behalf and if you had been put through to the restaurant we would have dealt with this appropriately.

I hope you're satisfied with our resolution on the matter and I understand you have now been given a full refund from Deliveroo which is great.