“Soooo disappointing !”

Price range: US$30 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 23 February 2021

Green Thai curry was more like a brown beef sweet stew (defo not green) with overcooked veg and stringy inedible bits of what I can only imagine was very tough bits of lemongrass stalks. The beef was not freshly cooked - and tasted as if it had been deep fried at some point. Noodles dish was equally disappointing - congealed noodles which lacked flavour. At £35 for a meal for 2 ... I felt conned and defo will not be going back.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (304)

Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

My food was delivered at the best western hotel from using the online service Uber.
The food arrived on time and the lady that had cycled to deliver was friendly even though it was pouring down with rain!
I had the red Thai curry which was full of flavour and the sticky rice was delicious as well.
I was also given some prawn crackers which was a nice surprise.
When I’m back in Edinburgh working next year I will be ordering from here quite often!
Thank you for a delicious meal!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank charlottepV7539PW
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

My wife & I absolutely love Spirit of Thai, we never go anywhere else when we want a Thai meal on a night out. The food is exceptional, staff are so friendly & welcoming & ambience of the place spot on, nice & cozy. We decided to try it's takeaway during C19 restrictions & it was as good as anything you'd get from them eating in the restaurant. We had spring rolls, deep fried pork, Tom yum soup, chicken green curry, crispy monkfish curry & rice - every single dish was absolutely outstanding, tasty, fresh, perfectly seasoned - honestly cannot recommend SoT highly enough, we'll be back taking away again soon & can't wait until we can have a meal in the place once restrictions are lifted.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

Food was first class. Probably best Asian fish fish I have had. Service was also excellent and personable. I would t go anywhere else in Edinburgh for Thai food after visiting here

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 23 September 2020

Booked lunch for two and we were 20 minutes early which was no problem at all. Eating out during Covid can be daunting but this fab restaurant is on the ball. Temperature screened on entry, sanitiser at the door and correct space between tables.
Spoilt for choice on their set menu and the food was so amazing we were picking at each others dishes.
Reasonably priced and very nice staff.

Date of visit: September 2020