“Disappointed”

Price range: US$21 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ee-usk is a modern glass building sitting right by the water in the busy harbour of Oban.We believe in serving impeccably fresh local seafood cooked simply. We are unable to accommodate children under 12 years of age for dinner.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here on the recommendation of our hotel host. Wish we had gone elsewhere...

The service was verrrry slow. We were seated quickly (by a blonde hostess who didn't smile the entire time we were there) and it took over 10 minutes for a server to come by even to take drink orders. They weren't that busy - it was around 2:30 on a weekday.

My husband wanted mussels as an appy, as listed on the menu, but they were running low on mussels so they wouldn't let him order as an appy - only the meal size. My thought: if you have mussels and a customer wants them, you should let the customer order them.

I ordered the thai cakes, the meal size with chips and a salad. To my surprise, when they came out I learned they were deep fried. Very greasy! Also the runny thai sauce covered the whole plate, drenching my salad and fries.

Final point. It would be nice if they listed which items on their menu is gluten free. I have celiac disease and I hate having a menu but having to wait for the server to arrive before I can find out what I can eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Superb location. Helped by the amazing weather. Food was utterly sublime. We cut it fine in booking a table at 5.15 for 6pm, but managed to get one. Service excellent, quality excellent. Busy, oh yes.....but with a successful and popular place, it goes with the territory. Well worth it. 5* in Oban.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This is a well situated seafood restaurant. Good selection of fresh local fish on the pier front at Oban. Service friendly but a little slow. Main complaint was fairly underdone and soggy batter on a number of different dishes ordered by different members of the party. A specialist fish restaurant serving lots of battered dishes really ought to have mastered this technique!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Dined there twice, needed to book in advance as very busy. Specialise in seafood, I had the local scallops on one occasion and the halibut on the next. Both were lovely. Service good and desserts naughty

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We booked a table, waited ages for order to be taken. Only when they came to take order did they bother to tell us there were no scallops, mussels or langoustines meaning my choices were wiped out and had to wait ages again for order to be taken. Food was just ok, expected better and have had much better seafood. Had to chase up mains as others seated after us were making dessert orders. When I approached staff member she was off hand, not apologetic or courteous in any way. All in all not a good experience and would not recommend. Feels like a tourist trap where concerns don’t matter. Won’t visit again.

3  Thank Isleschick1